Most days while Draco was still recovering, I'd pop into his room with a basket of food and we'd spend time together. Usually he'd lie down between my legs on the bed and end up falling asleep, or I'd do the same on his chest. I found out this week that he had a particular attachment to chocolate covered strawberries. More specifically, being fed chocolate covered strawberries.

Our conversations lacked substance, usually. Sometimes we'd discuss books or our friends, maybe a little gossip here and there. But it wasn't serious chat, if anything we just basked in each other's presence. Most of it was silent, even. It was comfortable.

He had finally gotten better, though, and the excuse that he was resting wouldn't cut it anymore. The teachers would expect him back in class fully functioning again and I couldn't skip out with my friends to "take care" of him anymore. Anyone who saw him knew that apart from some fading bruises or cuts, the boy was fine again. He was even planning on going back to quidditch practices.

Part of me was worried that we wouldn't get to spend as much time together anymore. I loved just being with him, physically but also on a similar emotional page. We hadn't necessarily talked about what we were or how we felt about each other; Draco preferred physical means of conveying his emotions. It was nice and the touch or kisses sent away my doubtful thoughts, but never for long. I wanted to hear from his lips how he felt, but it never came to fruition.

I couldn't really blame him, though. I never said anything to him either. It was just a myriad of being pressed up against each other, cuddling till it was too hot and we had to get rid of the blankets, and clinging onto each other like we were afraid the other would let go.

"You two are going to have to become public sooner or later. Everyone already knows it, y/n."

"Who's 'everyone'? I doubt that."

"Draco doesn't just spend time with anyone, let alone defend or obsess over them the way he does with you. Trust me, that boy even after getting knocked off his broomstick, has 'lovesick puppy' written all over his face."

"You're just saying that since you know what's been going on."

"Maybe. But even if I'm wrong, wouldn't you want people knowing that you're together?"

"I suppose I would, but it's not definite yet. I don't know how he feels... we haven't really had that conversation."

"You haven't?"

"Is it something we should've discussed?"

She rolled her eyes, almost looking offended. "All you did for months was talk. Now you finally are together, more or less, and your relationship is the one thing you haven't talked about?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. She was right, actually. It took me a moment to consider what she meant, but she was correct regardless. For so long all we did was talk, tease, sort of torture each other in whatever limbo relationship we had. Oddly enough the one thing we didn't discuss, at least not presently, was this.

"No, we haven't. I mean... I'm sure we will eventually. I don't want to push him."

She scoffed. "That boy has been waiting ages for you to give him the time of day. If you think this is pushing him, I would hate to see you playing hard to get."

———

"Feeling alright?" I asked, walking into Draco's dorm. He was lying down on his bed, but promptly rolled up when he saw me. His eyes lit up and he seemed to become animated rather quickly.

He walked over with a smirk and softly kissed me. "Never better," he hummed against my lips.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, briefly deepening the kiss. I felt him smirk against me, the telltale signs of his happiness that I'd grown familiar with this past week. His thumbs rubbed little circles on the exposed part of my skin where he had slightly slipped under my shirt an inch or so.