The Bet.

A random figure kicked over Harold's lunchbox. ''Hey-'' Harold paused. It was Duncan. ''Awww, Did you mommy make your snack?'' Duncan mocked Harold's bond with his mom. ''N-No..'' Harold muttered under his breath, While Duncan laughed. Then a voice from behind him screeched, ''Stop it!'' Duncan knew this voice very well. He sighed and turned his head. There she was, Courtney. Courtney had her long, brown hair in two pigtails and she was wearing her classic pink shirt with a white skirt. ''What the actual H-E- double hockey sticks Duncan?!'' Courtney was a big goody-two-shoes. ''Listen, Princess, Stay outta this-'' Duncan stopped in his words to look at Courtney's face. Her brown eyes were bursting with rage. ''What did you call me?'' she asked, violently. It sent shivers down Duncan's spine, but he didn't show it. ''Princess?'' He said slowly. As soon as he knew it, She lunged at him with hatred in her orbs. ''AHHHHH'' Harold screamed, as he ran to get their caregiver, Chef. Courtney pulled at Duncan's hair as Duncan was tearing at her shirt. Then he saw Courtney being lifted up by a muscular figure. As soon as this fight started, it was finished. He brushed himself off, trying not to show the weakness he felt. Courtney was still yelling. Her pigtails were pulled off, leaving her long hair flowing. Duncan looked up at the girl and saw her. *Gosh, she's really pretty-* Duncan stopped his own thought. Courtney was not attractive. Nor was she ugly. She was in the middle. Chef brought them both to the office. He questioned the children. ''What was your motivation, Courtney?'' Chef demanded. Courtney then sniffed ''He called me a name that made me feel uncomfortable!'' A big word for a four-year-old if you ask me. ''All I called her was a princess! It should be a complement!'' Duncan protested. Chef stared at the kids. And sighed. ''Let's get you both cleaned up.'' Chef implied. They were both put into time out together and they sat in silence. Duncan then looked at the short brunette. She looked like an actual princess. *her hair ties broke?* Duncan questioned. The boy felt really bad for breaking Courtney's hair ties. To lighten the mood Duncan made a bet with Courtney. ''Hey Prin- Courtney, How about we make a bet?'' Courtney raised her head in confusion. ''What kind of bet?'' she wondered. ''A bet you'll never forget'' Duncan Expressed. Courtney was in.