~ 3: Masked Man ~

Age: 13

(Warning: Swearing and mention of blood)

**Y/N POV**

Me and Tanjiro have been walking and talking for a bit. I looked up to see we were coming to a place where the clouds were going away. I quickly pushed Tanjiro and Nezuko over so that we would be closer to a rocky wall. "What was that for Y/n?" I looked over to him with an apologetic gaze and said "Sorry about that. The clouds were clearing up and I didn't want Nezuko to fade away." He nodded as he understood. We walked further and I saw a farm and people. Then I look at the rocky wall and I see a cave. I turned over to look at Tanjiro. "Hey Tanjiro. There are people over there and I think I see a basket. Maybe we can use it to carry Nezuko around, and it'll be easier." 

" I guess we could, but what about Nezuko?" I pointed to the cave as he averted his eyes. "Nezuko could hide in there while we talk to the people." He nodded and turned to Nezuko than said "Nezuko come here." All three of us were walking till we stopped at the cave. "Can you go in there?" I said with a smile. She looked at me then crawled in the cave. "Good job Nezuko! We'll be back soon ok?" "Hmmp!" Me and Tanjiro shot her a smile before leaving.

Me and Tanjiro walked over to one of the people who was at the farm. Tanjiro was the first to speak saying "Excuse me. Would it be ok if I took that basket, straw, and some bamboo?" The man looked at me, and I nodded. "Sure, you're welcome to it, but the basket's full of holes." Right before Tanjiro could speak, I softly smiled while saying "That's alright. we'll pay you for it." The farmer simply said "No that's alright, I mean it's full of holes." This time, before I could speak, Tanjiro beat me to it saying "No! We'll pay you!"  "No it's alright. You can have the bamboo and straw for free too." "But I'll still pay you!" "I said it's ok you stubborn kid!" I sweat dropped because of the conversation. I saw Tanjiro pull out some money very quickly but halted him. He looked at me with a confused face.

I took out some money I got from my travels, and some from my house. I don't spend much money. I looked over at the man, and gently grabbed his hand placing about 2,200 yen (around $20 in US) and closing his hand back up. "Please accept it. It's the least we could do." He sighed and nodded. The both of us got the materials and headed back to the cave "Arigato!" I screamed. 'I'm still not used to screaming-'. Once we got to the cave and Tanjiro looked inside while I crawled in. "Nezuko? Huh Nezuko? She's gone!" I pointed into a dug out crater and said "She's in here" Nezuko popped her little head out while i ruffled her hair (but then fixing it again).

"Wait here for a second Nezuko." Tanjiro then starts creating a covered basket using the straw and bamboo. Tanjiro then points to the basket "Nezuko, can you fit in here? I want to move during the day too. I'll carry you ok? Can you fit?" Nezuko than got out of little hole and tried to get in the basket, but was too big. I gently pat her back and say "Can you get smaller Nezuko?" Nezuko flipped the basket right side up and dived into it.  Tanjiro slightly screamed but then Nezuko got small enough to fit inside the basket. "Good job Nezuko! I'm impressed!"

~ Time skip to the afternoon ~

"Mount Sagiri? If you want to go to Mount Sagiri, you'll have to cross over that mountain but.. The sun's about to set. Are you two actually heading there with all that luggage? It's dangerous you know?" I nodded and said "Ah, thank you for your concern. We'll be careful, thank you very much miss." With that, me and Tanjiro walked upon the path. Behind us, the woman said "People have been going missing lately! Try not to lose your way!" Me and Tanjiro looked back and waved.

~ Time skip to night ~

Me and Tanjiro have been walking up the mountain till night fell. Walking up, we saw a temple "Oh. Look over there, there's a temple. And the light's on, someone's probably in there. Let's check it out." I could sense a demon in there and I knew I had to do something but then Tanjiro started sniffing the air. "I smell blood! The mountain is pretty rough! Someone must've gotten hurt!" I tried to stop Tanjiro "Wait-!" But it was too late. Tanjiro and Nezuko were running up the stairs, and Tanjiro slides the door quickly. I ran up to them "Are you alright-! AH!" "Careful Tanjiro!" I looked over to see Tanjiro's horrid expression and looked over to see a demon eating multiple corpse's. "What the hell? This is my area. Anyone who trespasses will pay!"