Mistakes and Regrets

Start from the beginning

"He's in the lab" Bucky informs me "Tony's told everyone to stay out of your war path"
"Good" I mentally clap Tony, disappearing down the hallway to the elevator.

"BRUCE!" I scream, making my way through the lab door "Who told you!?"
"What?" He plays dumb
"You know what. Now, start talking" I walk closer to the man
"Is this about Y/n? It's sad that she couldn't stick around" Bruce chuckles quietly to himself.

"Who told you?!" I repeat, getting annoyed at him stalling
"I overheard Scott telling Tony" Bruce replies
"Why did you tell Ross? What has Y/n done so badly to you that you thought getting her thrown into the raft was the best course of action!?" I raise my voice more.

"She got you!" He snaps back
"What?" I shake my head in disbelief
"... yeah. I fucked up big time due to the fact I was neglecting you. I never wanted the divorce, you did!" Bruce's sighs.

"I gave you chance after chance to show me you changed but I got the same treatment but what does this have to do with Y/n? She was one of the people who pushed me into giving you another chance" I state
"Y/n is taking you away from me" Bruce mentions "I made mistakes. We all make mistakes and we all have regrets"

"Bruce... this was more than a mistake. 3 years you tossed me aside. Deprived me. Y/n had made me feel like myself within a night of knowing her" I explain "How could you have gone three years and not even want to hug me or even kiss me?" I question but he keeps his head towards the ground "When you said "Mistakes" you didn't just mean the neglecting... did you?"

"She-" I scoff
"How long has it been going on for?" I inquire
"Nat-"
"How long Bruce?" I push
"I met her on our honeymoon" my heart drops. My body goes weak. The tension that build up inside of my skin let loose. I wanted to breakdown but had no one to bring me back.

"3 years?" I finally speak "All... all those business trips... you went to- oh my god" I groan into the palm of my hands "God I was so consumed in trying to make you happy that I couldn't see it! What the fuck Bruce!?"

"She means nothing to me. It's you that I want" he pleads
"She's that worthless to you, that you ran to her for the past three years!?" I snap
"It's not like you weren't sleeping with someone behind my back!" Bruce tries to redeem himself
"For a month! That doesn't compare to your three years!" I was on the verge of tears but held every fibre of me together.

"How could you sleep at night, knowing your wife was next to you while your sexual needs were tended by someone else?" I question but Bruce remains silent "I loved you. I tried everything within my power to make you happy and you have nothing to say?" I was greeted with silence "Shame on me for having a human heart"

With those final words muttered, I make my way out of the lab and instead of waiting for the elevator, I walk up the stairs "Natasha wait!" Bruce's voice follows me
"No" I reply, continuing my climb up the stairs.

"Give me one more chance. I'll make it right. Please, I still love you. I can never stop" he pleads
"You don't love me! You love the idea of me not being able to be with other people! I'm not falling for you again Bruce. Not when I have someone who's better for me" I state.

"Y/n doesn't love you like I do! She used you!" He tried to blame her.

"Y/n took me on vacations. Wanted to do the things that I wanted to do. Brought me expensive clothing that I liked. Treated me like I wasn't just another mans trash. She has been there for me more times than you have" I explain "And she makes me feel free and that I can be myself around her without having to worry that she might judge me"

"I love you. I can never stop. I've tried during this divorce but... you're the end for me" before I had a chance to reply, Bruce's lips were pushing against mine. When I got my head wrapped around what was happen, I pushed him off and looked at him with shock and disbelief covering my emotions.

"You can't do that anymore! I'm not yours! I used to think of you as someone who would never hurt me. Learning everything has made me hate you more. You were my first love. You were my everything and now you're just nothing to me, not even a friend" I sigh, pushing past him as he stands in front of me on the stairs.

"Are you okay?" Carol questions, bringing my movements to halt "You look like you're on the verge of breaking"
"I need her back" I confess, allowing the tear that hung upon my lash, release down my cheek.

"Tony's trying everything he can but there's more to this, so let's go into your room" Carol places her arms around me, guiding me towards my bed. She kicked the door closed with her foot behind us.

"What happened during your talk with Bruce?" She questions, I take a deep breath, looking down at my feet "Natasha?"
"Those 3 years we've been married... he was having an affair with a girl he met on our honeymoon" I answer
"HE WHAT?!" Wanda walks into the room
"Oh he's a dead man!" Carol takes a stand.

"Stop! Please" I beg "Just... stay with me" the girls look between each other and nod, making their way either side of me
"We will never let him hurt you again" Wanda assures me
"I'm sure Y/n knows how to kill a guy in 50 ways, so getting rid of Bruce shouldn't be a problem" Carol tried to humour the situation, we both look at her "Too soon to joke? Sorry"

"No. You're right. She probably knows how to kill an android within two seconds" Wanda jokes
"Vision better not piss her off" Carol laughs along with Wanda.

"Do you ever think she misses that life?" I question
"No, I don't think she does" Wanda shakes her head "She has you now"
"So when's the wedding?" Carol inquires, jokingly
"Easy, Space Radar. We've got Wanda's wedding first" I remind her
"If it ever happens. Vision keeps trying to come up with excuses as to why he can't help with the planning"

"Stay single!" Carol promotes.

Ooo... couple drama!

Wow! This chapter is long 😂