The advise

~Natasha's POV~

"Have fun at work" I kiss Y/n's lips but before I could pull away, Y/n gripped my chin and kisses me for longer. Butterflies were swarming my stomach as my heart burned with desire and nearly jumped out of my rib cage.

"Good luck" she wishes me before I get into my car. Starting it up and driving out her driveway. As I make my way to the compound my mind clouds with the discussions I had with Y/n, her advise was helpful but I needed to know who to trust with this and how much detail do I go into? Do I tell said person that I've been sleeping with someone else or just explain that my marriage is in shambles?

Should I tell Wanda? Maybe but she'll kill either me or Y/n or even both for sleeping with each other. I shouldn't keep lying to her, she's always been there when I needed a friend.

Should I tell Steve or Bucky? Maybe. Both can keep secrets but not from each other. Steve's good friends with Bruce and this information will crush him. Bucky never really liked my marriage in the first place but supported it so I could tell him but he'll tell Steve straight away.

Should I tell Carol? That's another maybe. She's been there for me since day one of working with S.H.I.E.L.D, we've always been close and she seems to see my marriage falling apart without even being around 24/7.

I pull up to the compound and braise myself for the amount of questions I'm about to be hit with. I told no one where I was going nor did I call them back when they reached out, for all I know Tony could have already sent out droids to find me.

I walk inside wearing Y/n's jeans and a sweater but they looked close to my style so no one should really question the outfit. I hear chattering coming from the living room, I had to go through in order to get to the stairs so I couldn't avoid it if I tried.

"Where have you been?" Steve spots me and everyones eyes lock onto me
"I stayed at a hotel. I just wanted a night out and my phone died so I was unable to call anyone" I lie
"Next time, before you leave. Find someone and tell them. We were worried" Tony suggest, I nod and walk down the hall, luckily Carol follows me.

"What happened to the date with Bruce?" She questions
"He cancelled" I press the button for the elevator
"What? For what reason?" She stands next to me
"Work. Like always" I sigh, stepping inside and pressing floor 3
"How long has this been going on for?" Carol seems genuinely concerned
"Since out honeymoon. 3 years" I scoff
"3 YEARS?!" She raises her voice "Have you spoken to him about it?" I nod
"Multiple times but I just get a 'We'll talk about this later' comment" she shakes her head in disbelief.

"Do you two still-" Carol refers to sex
"Nope. Not for the last 2 years" I answer honestly
"How have you been coping?" I hesitate to answer
"Promise not to freak or run and tell someone?" I step out the elevator and walk down to my room
"You have my word" she assures me
"It's only happened recently but... after Wanda's engagement party, I sort of... slept with someone else" I walk through the door
"Who?" I take a deep breathe
"Y/n, Wanda's sister"

...Silence...

"Fair enough. She hot" I whip my head around expecting a lecture "It's not your fault. You've tried speaking to him and you have needs. Can I ask something?" I nod "Did you see her last night?"
"Yes but we didn't sleep together. She cooked me dinner and told me to tell someone" I answer honestly
"Wise. Does she know you're married?" Carol questions
"Yeah. She said she's here until my husband treats me right" I mimic what she said yesterday
"Just don't get hurt and don't hurt her. Y/n has a file in S.H.I.E.L.D and she isn't the most glued together person" I raise a brow at her statement
"She has a file? Why? Do Wanda and Pietro know?" Carol shakes her head
"No, Fury kept it a secret at the request of Sharon Carter"

"Sharon know's Y/n?" I question
"Apparently they were friends back in the day" Carol sits, cross legged, on my bed
"What's on the file?" I ask
"Where she was born. Who her parents were. Where she lived from the age of 7 to 19" she answers
"Where?"
"Some family house in Moscow, Russia" Carol informs me
"Can you remember anything else?" I sit next to her
"Umm..." Carol tries to think "S.H.I.E.L.D got her out of an abusive home. She's like Clint, she has perfect aim, never misses"

"The abuse justifies the no hugging problem" I mumble
"Don't poke around though. If her brother and sister don't know then she clearly doesn't want anyone knowing. Respect her space until she's ready" Carol suggests, I nod in agreement "As for Bruce, talk to him properly. No leaving when he says talk about it later, stay and bug him till he caves. Maybe consider a divorce" my eyes nearly bulged out of my head when she suggested that.

After Carol left, I run over the new information that I've learnt about Y/n and was now considering whether I should get a divorce or at least put the idea on the table but first I needed to talk to the other party of this situation before making a major decision.

I make the choice to wait two more weeks. It's the least I can do before giving up on us completely.

Three chapters for y'all boi! 😉

Any ideas for future chapters??