Two Trucks

(Plz do me a favor, when you get to the smut. Plz play the song lol)

He didn't know when it started, he rarely kept track of time, but he would guess the first sign was when the lilac haired woman offered him a strange box with small white tablets contained inside.

"What is this?" He shook the plastic box in his claws, confused as to whether or not it was for consumption.

"They're called mints," she replied, hastily moving across from him as she prepared the table for dinner. "It's meant to make your breath smell better."

The monster narrowed his eyes at her, she turned away, avoiding his eyes and looking oddly embarrassed. "This is the least creative way you have insulted me. I do not care if my odor offends you."

She sighed. "Just try it, think of it like candy."

"But this doesn't look tasty..." He picked a single tablet from the box and licked it once, but garnered no taste from it. "Why would I want my breath to smell better, anyways?"

"I don't know," she admitted. "But if you don't take it after dinner tonight then you can kiss Saturday night soup goodbye."

He gulped down the tablets. In a way, she was right, it did taste sweet like candy, but it left a lingering cooling effect on his tongue. If he were to compare it to something he's eaten before, then it would be the peppermint candy Pump was so fond of. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but he could stand to swallow them for his favorite meal.

Unfortunately, her strange behavior did not end there. Weeks later he had arrived at her home with Skid and Pump after an outing of spooky month. He had grown used to their antics, and continued to travel with them at Lila's request. Plus, the bag of lunch she left for him was a great bonus as well. Except, instead of food waiting for him, she left him a bag of multicolored shirts and different pairs of pants.

"Human," he called, lifting a red shirt with the caption, 'best cat mom ever,' printed on the front. "What is this?"

Lila raised a hand to cover her mouth, stifling a laugh. "I thought you could use more clothes in your wardrobe than that stuffy trench coat." She scratched her cheek absentmindedly. "Cute, right?"

"... No." He squinted at the letters. What the hell was a cat mom? "I would rather stick with being naked."

"Well, I think it would look cute," she shrugged, a knowing gleam in her eye. "But if you don't want to wear them, then I guess I could also stop cooking those lunches you love..."

Damn her and damn her delicious cooking.

The third sign was the final nail in the coffin. Halloween had arrived, so many spooky months were celebrated, he had honestly forgotten about the holiday. Oddly enough, it seemed that even the adult human was excited to go trick or treating with her son. It was probably a tradition of theirs, meaning he was going to have some free time. Perhaps he could eat a stray cat or two tonight. It has been a while...

"Mr. Lemon, look!"

He lowered his head and to his surprise the boy wasn't wearing his skeleton costume. Instead, tonight he had chosen to sport a full red cherry costume. His arms were covered in green fabric, his torso trapped in the comically rotund crimson costume and finally a green stalk sprouting from atop his head.

"A cherry, huh?" He smiled, poking his stomach to check the authenticity of the costume.

"Skid, are you ready?"

Skid turned his head towards the stairs, the monster followed his gaze and nearly lost it. The woman took a page out of her son's book and was dressed in a plum fruit costume that matched the color of her hair.