final authors note <3

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Y/n. You got this, what's the worst that could happen? Rodrick tells you to go away? You can deal with that! If he needs his space you can just go home! No harm done!" Suddenly she hears a knock from behind her. She jumps and turns around. Rodrick is standing at the window. He smiles and waves at her. She awkwardly waves back. He opens the window and pulls her in.

"What's up?" He whispers.

"I came here to check on you, I thought you might be upset, " she looks around. "And it looks like I was right, " Rodrick is embarrassed. Y/n is worried. She grabs his arms. "What happened?" He steps away and sits down on his bed. Y/n follows suit.

"Well, I'm grounded for a month, I can't drive anywhere but school, and, " He hangs his head. Y/n puts her hand on his back. "And I- I can't play in the show, " Y/n sees a tear fall on his lap. She gets all sad. She pulls him in for a side hug but instead he buries his head in her shoulder. Y/n freezes but soon accepts it and holds him closer. She feels her shirt soak with his tears. She comforts him and runs her fingers through his hair.

"I'm really sorry. None of this would've happened if I didn't throw that stupid party. " He mumbles into her shirt. "The party was shit anyway, I lost my first kiss to Heather Hills. Who, I'm sure i don't need I remind you, is a complete dickhead, "

"Been there, " Y/n grumbles.

"Yeah right, I bet that asshat from 8th grade has nothing on Heathers asshatery, " Rodrick smiles through tears into Y/ns shirt.

"Actually, " Y/n contemplated even finishing her sentence. But she decided to continue, he deserved to know. "That asshat from 8th grade...was..Heather, " Rodrick pulls away from her.

"Wait, " Rodrick is fucking rattled. "So, Heather is the dickweed who shredded your heart?"

"Uh, Yeah, didn't really need to go into that much detail...but yeah, " she sighs.

"What a fucking asshole, " He says bluntly.

"Yeah, " She smiles.

"So, Did you guys like...date or something?"

"I thought we were but she was just using me to get with some creep, " She shutters. "Well actually, I don't know if that's true anymore, When you saw us in the hall hugging, she had just told me that she really did like me all along and that her parents made her dump me, I don't know if I believe her but its something I guess,"

"That's weird," Rodrick plants his head back on her shoulder, "Weird as hell,"

"Yep"

"Hey, this might be weird, but...can we hug?"

"Yeah, not weird to me, " she smiles. Rodrick full on sprawls into her lap and wraps his arms around her waist. This was definitely not what Y/n was expecting but she didn't complain, she just rubbed his back and tustled his hair.

While they cuddle-hug they hear another knock at the window. It's Beck. She's holding up her phone to show that its 1 am. Y/n rolls her eyes and gets up. She opens the window. "I thought I told you to leave me, "

"And let you lose your virginity before me? No way, " Beck teases. Y/n loses her mind. Rodrick is about to explode he's so flustered.

"What? I- You know I wasn't- I don't- I'm gonna kill you, " Y/n is literally ready to murder her.

"Yeah yeah, hurry it up, I wanna go to sleep, " Beck closes the window.

"Yeesh, " Y/n mutters. Rodrick is still bright red. Y/n gives him a hug. "Are you gonna be okay?" She puts her hand on his face. He gently grabs her wrist.