[Chapter 7] Homecoming.

Start from the beginning

"Welcome to the club." Noah slings his arm over my shoulder making sure his armpit is in my face. I hit his arm and he laughs.

"I will be getting you back for that."

"I'd like to see you try, Shay."

"You're on Miller."

******

I smooth out my violet-colored dress. It's plain but crisscrossed in the front and opens in the back. I'm wearing plain black converse with it because I don't do heels, my feet never agree with them and then I end up not being able to walk the next day. I walk out of my closet, Amber is just now putting her dress on.

I love Amelia and Amber but I've always been jealous of them, they're both tall and naturally pretty, they still use makeup but they don't need it. Their hair is long and healthy and wavy, and they always have guys all over them wanting a relationship but guys always only want me for my body.

She zips her dress up and we make our way downstairs. My parent's heads turn to us as soon as they hear our feet. Both of their hands cover their mouths. "You guys look beautiful." My dad kisses my cheek before moving on to the other girls. My mom hugs me.

"You are growing up way too fast, Car." I laugh and wrap my hands around her.

"Woah, Sissy." I turn my head to see Cayden standing at the bottom of the stairs. "You guys look pretty." I smile but before I can reply he gasps. "Are you going on a date?" He gasps again. "With Noah!?" I laugh and shake my head.

"We're going to a school dance buddy, not a date." He sighs.

"Okay." He moves off of the step and hugs me. "You look pretty." I smile and hug him back.

"Thank you, Cay."

"Are you guys driving or do I need to drop you off?" I turn to my dad.

"The boys are picking us up, they should be here any minute." My dad nods reluctantly. I know he doesn't like me hanging out with Noah or any of them.

The doorbell rings. "Speak of the devils." My mom moves to open the door.

"Hey, boys! Come in!" She steps aside and the five guys walk in. Jer, Justin, and Nick drove here together, and Trent and Noah went in a separate car, we have to take two because there are too many of us to fit in one.

They all walk in with flowers and give them to their dates, I just stand against a wall until Noah walks up to me. "They were getting the other girls flowers and I got you some so you wouldn't be left out, I didn't want you to cry all over your dress, you know?" I laugh and take the flowers.

"Oh thank you for being so considerate." He nods with a smile on his face.

"You are so welcome." He leans against the wall next to me as my mom takes the flowers to put in a vase.

"Okay, pictures!" My mom ushers us into the living room, we take a couple with all of us then a couple of Amber and Trent together then Amelia and Nick then Justin and Jeremy.

"Noah and Carter you're next, I don't care if you're not going together as a date you're taking a picture." I sigh and pull Noah Into the frame. He wraps his arm around me and we both smile, just like earlier at the game, although this time he smells good. My mom takes the picture and we step away from each other.

"I want one with you, Sissy!" I take a picture with Cayden before we all head out. I get in the passenger seat of Noah's truck while Amber and Trent sit in the back. The others are riding with Justin and Jeremy.

When we enter the gym the smell of sweat, perfume, and cologne mix together. "It smells disgusting in here." Noah nods his head to agree with me. I'm just now noticing that Noah is in a suit, it fits him perfectly. We go to get a drink while the others went out to dance.

"Hey, James." Noah closes his eyes at her squeaky voice.

"For the last time do not call me by my middle name, Ashlyn." We turn around to face her. Her face screws up in disgust when she sees me.

"Oh, you."

"Yeah, me." She rolls her eyes.

"Let's go dance." She grabs Noah's hand but he yanks it back.

"I don't want to dance." She scoffs and looks at me.

"Since when are you guys all buddy, buddy?"

"Since we agreed on our mutual hatred for you," I answer before Noah can, he chokes on his drink but covers his mouth. She rolls her eyes again before they look down at the shoes.

"Nice shoes, you get them at goodwill?"

"Actually yes, I don't need hundred-dollar shoes." She laughs.

"These were two hundred dollars actually, you probably couldn't pull heels off anyway, just like you can't pull that dress off. You don't have the body for it if you know what I mean. You might want to cut down on the junk food." I stay quiet and she smiles, she knows she got to me.

"Go find some dude to hook up with in the bathroom, Ashlyn." She smirks at him.

"You offering?"

"Not even if we were the only two people left on earth." She rolls her eyes before stalking off. She's right, I probably wouldn't be able to pull off heels as she does, I look down at my dress before looking back at her, maybe I do need to lose a few pounds.

"Stop it." My head snaps to Noah.

"What?"

"I'm not stupid, I know what you're doing. Don't let her get to you, plus you look a hell of a lot better than her right now. You could put your hair in a bun and no makeup with sweats and a hoodie and still look gorgeous. All of that could be removed with a makeup wipe." He points towards her and I look down.

He takes my drink out of my hand and sets it down along with his. "Let's go dance." He grabs my hand and starts to pull me towards the dance floor as a slow song starts playing.

"Thought you don't dance?" He laughs.

"Oh, I dance, just not with people. Usually." He adds as he intertwines one of our hands together and places the other on my waist.

"I don't know how to dance," I tell him quietly.

"I'll show you." He takes my hand and puts it in the correct place before starting to move. "You just sway, to be honest, I don't know how to either." I laugh and lean my head on his chest.

A month ago I could've run this guy over with a car and felt no remorse. Never in a million years did I think I'd be dancing with him at homecoming.

And I don't regret it one bit.

_________________________________________
𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲:

Word count: 1869

Let me know if there are any mistakes and I can fix them<3

Comment what you thought about the chapter!
This is probably my favorite chapter so far!

What do you think about Noah being so nice to Carter and getting her flowers!?

Edited