xxvi. family back together

Start from the beginning

Julia smiles up at her sister and their friends, she ran over to the broken escalators just as they came down, when she reached Eleven she noticed her limp and Mike was helping her walk. "What happened?" Julia asked her sister.

"Mind Flayer." She simply said falling into her sister's arms, laying her head in the crook of her neck. "I'm happy to see you." Eleven exhaled deeply, pulling away from her embrace.

"Me, too." Julia smiles back brushing Eleven's hair back when Erica eyes widen upon seeing her brother. "Lucas!?"

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked his sister completely confused. "Ask them. It's their fault." Erica exclaimed pointing back to Steve, Robin and Julia.

Julia looked up away from Eleven over to her boyfriend. "True. Yeah, totally true. It's absolutely our fault." Steve says resting his hands on his hips.

"I don't understand what happened to that car." Robin began peering back at the car before turning back to the rest of the group. "El has superpowers, just like Jules." Dustin tells her.

"I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up." Steve huffs waving his hand around.

"That's El?" Erica point looking between Eleven and Julia, seeing some familiar features between them. "I see the resemblance."

"Who's El?" Robin questions.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy joined the conversation looking at Robin confused why the girl was with her best friend and ex-boyfriend.

"I'm Robin. I work with Steve and Julia."

"They cracked the top secret code." Dustin tells them with a proud smile. "Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians." Steve then added.

"Russians? Wait, what Russians?" Jonathan asked him. "The Russians!" Steve repeats louder, pointing back at the men who were now crushed by the car.

"Those were Russians?" Max eyes widen.

"Some of them." Erica mentions. "What's are you talking about?" Lucas didn't understand how his little sister was involved with everything he tried to keep from her.

"Didn't you hear our code red?" Dustin asked looking at his friends. "Yeah. Couldn't understand what you were saying." Mike says turning to him.

"Goddamn low battery." Dustin curses.

"Him many times did I have to tell you with the low battery?" Steve tells him.

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it?"
Dustin turns to him.

"Worked out? We almost died." Erica exclaimed remembering the events they went through.
"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?" Dustin questioned.

"But we almost did." Julia say not seeming to realize that her sister had wonder off away from the group in pain groaning while clutching her head.

Eleven suddenly lost balance dropping to the floor sobbing, Julia immediately ran to her side kneeling beside her, touching her forehead with the back of her hand. "You're burning up." She mumbles.