Chapter Four

July 2013

I wake up in the morning to hear coffee dripping into a coffee cup, and the pacing feet of a puppy. I grunt when I look at my alarm clock, reading that it's a full hour before I really have to get up. Knowing full well I won't be able to get back to sleep, I drag myself out of bed, shuffling out to the kitchen.

Dean sits in one of the breakfast bar chairs, drinking coffee and reading the paper. I smile at him while rubbing my eyes, beginning to brew myself a cup of coffee. When I glance down at the doggy dishes, I can understand why Dixon has been barking at Dean.
"Dean, he doesn't have any food!" I snap, digging the dog food bag out from one of the counters. Dean grunts, rubbing the sides of his head with only one hand.
"Yup..." He says half-heartedly. I look at him incredulously as I pour Dixon his food, the puppy bounding over and scarfing it down.
"Are you even listening to me?" I ask him, shoving the scoop back in the dog food bag, pushing it back in the cupboard. Dean drops his newspaper, looking at me with an annoyed facial expression.
"Yes, Madelyn," He answers, bringing his coffee cup up to his mouth. "I never stop," I hear him mutter before downing the rest of the glass. I put my hands on my hips.
"Excuse me? What makes you think you can talk to me like that?" I snap, adding my creamer and sugar to my coffee. "I take the dog to work every day. You don't see it all day except in the mornings and afternoons. The least you could do is fill the poor thing's dish before you left."
Dean nods, standing up and putting his dish in the sink. I stand beside him, staring down at my coffee as he stirs it. He gets a devilish smirk on his face, wrapping his arms around me and spinning me towards him. I smile and laugh, but quickly wipe it away, slapping him in the chest.
"Stop it, I'm mad at you," I demand, looking at him and crossing my arms at him, still locked in his hold. He cocks his head at me, leaning down and planting little kisses on my neck.
"Are you really?" He asks in between kisses, and I smile. I push him away, though, pursing my lips to stop myself from smiling.
"Yes. I'm furious," I reply, and he raises his eyebrows.
"We'll have to fix that," He states, leaning down to kiss me. I kiss him back for a second, before pushing him away and stepping to the side.
"No, Dean," I laugh as he comes towards me, hands outstretched. "Dean, you have to get to work," I say, picking up my lace as I round the kitchen island. He smiles evilly at me, making my eyes pop open wide, a smile breaking out on my face. "Dean, stop it! Dean!"

I squeal as he begins chasing me around the apartment, until he finally has me in his hold, tickling at my sides and neck. I laugh so hard tears come out of my eyes, slamming my arms down so he can't reach my armpits and scrunching my chin down into my shoulders so he can't reach my neck. He continues to reach for my sides, I despite my desperate attempts to turn my body away from him. No matter my attempts, I end up laying on the couch as he tickles at me, my only option being to fight back. I reach up, getting my armpits tickled, and begin to tickle his sides.

He breaks down immediately, hands dropping from my sides to try and pry mine off of him. He falls to his knees, laughing as I continue to tickle him, until he's laying on the ground. I get down from the couch, straddling him and tickling at his neck, armpits, and sides, until he gets the strength to grab both of my hands and hold them in his. Both of us panting, I look down at him, scrunching up my nose. He smiles back up at me. I peck him on the lips, standing up and demanding that he gets to work.
"And I swear to god, if you don't fill that damn dog's dish tomorrow, you're going to get it," I demand, face dropping into a serious expression for a second. He nods, standing up and pecking me on the lips, causing me to break out in a smile. Before he leaves, he reminds me that tonight he's going out for drinks with the guys. I nod, say goodbye, and then hems gone.

I scratch my forehead as I walk over to my cup of coffee, discovering that it's gone cold. I sigh, dumping it out and putting a travel mug underneath of it instead. Once it's made, I pop the lid on it and head into my bedroom, jumping in the shower.