𓍼 XXIII

━━━ 𓍼  ━━━

At that moment, Sunghoon just wanted to leave this place. Meeting his father after months, while he was hugging Seoha, the embarrassment couldn't be more than it is.

Seoha, left the room leaving the two men glaring at each other like there's no end. "What the heck were you doing?"
He fixed his tie, and glared back at the man. "I'm enjoying my free life."

His father came closer to Sunghoon fixing his tie. "Son, you have to be careful." Hands over his shoulder, the prince removed it slowly before he scoffed as he sat down on his bed.

"Son? Don't you take my pain way too far? You're dying, father." Sunghoon was right, he couldn't understand why his father is here nor why he's being nice.

About to leave, Sunghoon turned around at the statement,
"You should start cutting ties with her." With that, he left. The day he feared the most was about to come anytime soon.

Walking down the hallway, hands inside his pockets, Sunghoon was looking around it, trying to find Sunoo who vanished aggressively this morning. "Did you know where Sunoo is?" He was asking Riki who was scrolling over his phone.

"Dinner room with your mother." Sunghoon didn't even bother to thank him as he was heading towards it. The prince peeked his head meeting the cold yet cheerful glare.
"Prince Park is here."

All heads turned around to him meeting the prince, with his glare that his mother hates so much. Sunghoon didn't talk as he took a seat beside his mother. "How are you my dear son?" He didn't reply, managing to pour himself a cup of water.

His mother rolled her eyes at his attitude and wiped her mouth before speaking, "So how was your week? As far as I know, you missed most of your class." Sunghoon looked over his cup at his mother, smirking, "And since when is my life a problem to you?"

"Again? Sunghoon. Why do you hate us so much?" The prince laughed so hard to make the whole table look at him suspiciously. "Till you accept the fact that you'll be the Crown Prince."

He didn't expect that, he knew that his father was no longer in a position to stay as the king, but Sunghoon didn't expect either to take it this soon. "Son, are you okay?"

"How am I supposed to be okay, when I know that I'll live under the pressure?" At that moment, Sunghoon will usually leave the table heading far away, but this time, no.

He takes another bite of his bloody yet tasty steak, he learns that Sunghoon must not run away from his parents but rather face them. "I've decided that I will renounce the throne before becoming the crown prince." 

"Now, you may excuse myself." He said picking the towel off from his lap and throwing it on the table.

Park Sunghoon, wanted to be the modern prince. And royalty wasn't in his blood. For him, a man deserves to live freely.
Leaving the dinning room, Sunghoon met Seoha who was waiting for him outside. "I love you, Sunghoon."