dinner crashers p2

Start from the beginning

Kurama hummed, putting their cup down, focusing on the way the motion made the liquid move in ripples "well to be frank, I don't really like it here..." They started honestly, and honestly ? They weren't lying completely, they hated konoha for many reasons but they had to play it cool.

"Oh?" Kakashi asked, seemingly surprised "why don't you like it here?" He asked and Kurama could sense the air around him becoming more serious.

"Well you see, its all about what I've seen so far from some acquaintances of naruto and the people in general...plus not to be rude or anything but this place reeks of hate...I've seen how people treat naruto-kun..and I have to say..I'm a bit confused as to why they dislike him so much"

The air has grown tense, but Kurama pretended to be clueless.

"I would be a liar to say that I have no idea why they might be hating him for, in fact I already have a theory in mind" Kurama put their cup up again with a thoughtful expression "even the negative responses against naruto-kun' s wishes to keep our relationship a secret ..."

"That's something I've been wondering about..." Kakashi hummed "why would he keep it a secret ?"

At this Iruka sighed putting his hands on the tables and giving kakashi a small disapproving look. "Kakashi.. He doesn't have to tell us everything about his personal life. Its his life and he's old enough to know right from wrong." He scolded and the copy-nin gave a small nod "I know Iruka, I know" he turned to stare at Kurama. "Still..I've wanted to hear it from him, but he won't say a thing. So tell me Kurama-chan" he gave an eye smile yet nothing about his aura changed, it remained cold. "Why keep it a secret?"

Hmmmm

Now it was time to turn this table around...metaphorically of course.

"Well I don't exactly get why either" they pointed out, shaking their head "all he every told me is.." They leaned in and both nin's awaited for their next words.

"he just wants something he can keep to himself, something of his own."

And just like that the cloud of tense coolness suddenly evaporated.

Iruka's shoulders dropped and he frowned looking down at his food. "Oh..i see.." he mumbled and kakashi gave a small sigh of his own "so it's like that..."

Kurama looked between them with fake curiosity.

A voice cut their conversation off when naruto came out of the bathroom with a confused expression.

"Uhhh..what did I miss?...hey hold on..DID YOU GUYS EAT ALL TAKOYAKI !?"

________________

Naruto sulked, slurping down another bowl of ramen.
"Traitors.." He eyed the empty takoyaki plate."you ate it without me_" he whined loudly, dramatically leaning on his lover "Kurama how could youuuuu!?" he faked a cry and everyone laughed.

Somehow during his trip to the bathroom Kurama managed to make kakashi tone down the interrogation significantly, barely asking anymore questions.

Finally..this felt like a nice family dinner.

"Geez the kids at the academy these days are just a bunch on tiny narutos. So energetic and loud...god I don't know what to do with those kids..." Iruka complained and everyone listened to him with snickers at the naruto comparison.

"This one hyuuga beat up three boys from the other class because one of them accidentally slipped and ended up touching her, and i quote, 'an hour worth of combing and styling' ponytail..." He shook his head with a small sigh "I'll tell you..it wasn't pretty"