St.Mary's Island

Chapter 1

St. Mary's Island

Rose was a 16 year-old rebel. To her parents she dressed too gothic, she put on too much make-up, and her grade's were crap. Ofcouse these weren't their exact words but they were practically the same meaning. So now with her being so rebellious they don't know what to do with her so they're sending her to her aunt. On an island...in the middle of nowhere...an island who's population is no more than 500...an island where there are more missing people than there are non-missing people. No wonder the population is so small.

'Ugh  I can't believe I'm being sent to some deserted island.' Rose thought as she watched the waves crash against the boats bow. She leaned over the railing trying to get a good look at the dolphins chasing the boat through the crystal water. She leaned and leaned until she slipped on some of the water that was splashed on the boats floor. "A..AHH! HELP!"

Before her body could meet the now menacing waves an arm wrapped around her waist. Said arm pulled her up before the rest of her body could soar over the railing. "Careful next time you clutz!" she heard the owner of the arms voice. She turned and looked into the eyes of her savior. "T..thanks." she stammered.

The boy leaned on the railing looking out towards the island that has just appeared near the horizon. "What are you doing here anyway? I've never seen you in town before." he asked glancing over at her with his blue eyes. "I'm moving in with my aunt..." Rose answered, she could't help but stare at the boy in front of her though. He was perfect in practically every way. 'No! No! Your not suppose to fall for some random guy that you don't even know the name of!' Rose shook her head slapping her hands on the side of her cheeks. The boy raised one of his eyebrows,"Are you okay..?"

"Yea...fine just a headache..by the way what's your name?" the boy turned away from her and stared back towards the island that was practically within my touch. "It's Ren. Ren Richardson." he said turning away. "And your Rose correct? The whole town has been talking about you." she shivered at the thought of all the gossip. "You coming? I'll take you to your Aunt's house." The boat bumped against the dock and she grabbed her bag. "Yea...Hey wait up!"