chapter sixteen (new chapter!)

Start from the beginning

"James stop it!" Ginny scolded before putting the bowl on the dining table in front of theodore and teddy to have a bite.

"James, I swear to god, you're gonna pay for this." Venus warned as she hurried upstairs and got inside Teddy's room, locking it from inside.

"Open the door!" James giggled, banging lightly on the door while trying to balance the beaker which he had filled with water and egg's york.

"Get lost." She whined and plopped on the bed to give her feet a rest. She heard the sound of the footsteps dying down but she didn't bother to walk downstairs so she stayed on the bed.

She ran her eyes all over the messy room until it landed on a journal notebook kept on the study table.

The front cover was decorated with dry leaves and sequins which made her realize that it was the same journal she had decorated with Teddy when they had no bad blood between them.

The two of them used to stay up all night and draw random things, secretly steal ice cream from the fridge and walking out in the garden under the moonlight.

She grabbed the journal and leaned back comfortably by the headboard. She flipped through the pages and was surprised to find so many letters filled with numerous scribbled notes.

dear diary,

there's this girl i know who often makes me wonder about the way i act around her. can't help but admit that i'm jealous of her. you might ask why? because honestly, i don't know anymore. back when we were kids, I hated the fact that she was so carefree, so open, so bright and alive. you could feel the positivity radiating off her body which surprisingly i've experienced too. 

it's wonderful to be around her and i guess that's the reason everybody loves her, adores her. 

but i hate her. 

i hate the way she had such powerful effect over others ; hate the way her azure, deep ocean eyes hold other's captive of their beauty ; hate the way her eyes crinkles when she scrunches up her nose in disgust or when she laughs or even when she fucking smiles.

 i fucking hate her for being so surreal, like she's an epitome of beauty and grace. all my childhood, i've heard others praising her, seen her hug her dad and i often wonder how it would feel like if i were in her place? no idea.

teddy. 

She was in absolute shock once she finished reading the journal dated fourth september two thousand and fifteen.

She couldn't believe her eyes and neither her fate that teddy hated her, loathed her. It pained her heart that all these years he hated her for being so open, so bubbly and so carefree when he was left lonely.

The knock on the door made her jump in surprise as she quickly wiped her tears and kept the journal back on its place.

"Venus? open the door." Teddy's voice reached her ears and it just reminded her of the journal. Struggling to hold back her tears, she took a deep breath and reached for the door knob.

"Hey, mr.nott's calling you─" Teddy started but stopped when he noticed Venus' puffy eyes,"Hold on, why are you crying?"

Venus kept quiet.

"Which book did you read this time?" He jokingly said and let the door close itself.

"Your journal." Venus answered, her throat hurting her as she spoke. Teddy gave her a questioning look as he had no idea on why she would read his journal.

"Okay?" He chuckled nervously, trying to figure out if she read about his breakdowns on paper.

"Why do you hate me?" Venus sniffed a bit, trying to keep a straight face.

"Huh?" Teddy frowned,"What? I don't hate you."

"You do!" Venus exclaimed, feeling slightly mad,"You wrote it in your journal."

"What? I don't remember writing any shit like that." Teddy defended himself.

"You have! it's there!" Venus fought as she grabbed the journal from the table and flipped to the page she had found the required entry.

Teddy ran his eyes all over the journal, his eyebrows furrowed in extreme confusion as he could not even remember he had written something like that.

"I don't even remember this." He chuckled lightly, only fuelling up Venus' anger and anxiety.

"Come on Venus." He frowned on finding her to be a literal crying mess,"I don't hate you really. I was just mad at you and took off my anger. I mean seriously, you just went out screaming that you found I and victoire kissing. I swear I don't mean it." Teddy explained, lightly throwing the journal on the bed before grabbing her hands.

"I'm sorry I made you feel this way. I'm really sorry." He apologized, fighting the urge to smile at Venus' scrunched up nose.

"You better not be lying." Venus exclaimed, throwing her arms around Teddy who needles to say stumbled a back but managed to balance himself and her as well.

He chuckled lightly and hesitantly wrapped his arms around Venus who felt awkward at first to throw herself all over him but it made her feel good and valuable.