Rise 40

Rise 40
Reality

As time passed by and we reach the edge of winter. I’ll go with the change of the weather. And ran to you against this cold winter air.”
-Devil’sSanctuary by J. Flint

Leona can hear a faint beeping.

It’s never ending beep creates a hypnotic rhythm.

She struggled to open her eyes. It’s as if it’s been closed for a very long time.

She was greeted by a white ceiling and white walls after waking up.

What is this? Is this a hospital? Or did she died again? Is this the after life? Or is this all just a dream?

The monotonous beeping of the heart-monitor beside her bed made her realized that this is not a dream.

A nurse who was checking her IV Fluids was shocked when the two of them made eye contact. She ran outside and Leona can faintly hear her shouting that the patient is finally awake.

The nurse is probably talking about her.

Just what is happening?

Wasn’t she in the Immortal Plane just a few minutes ago?

Where is Audrina? Ode and Sola?

She can barely remember what happened.

She was swallowed by the Mirror.

Leona tried to struggle.

She was very sure that the Mirror of Uncertainty was not dangerous.

It felt very familiar.

But when the four of them got closed to it, a flash of light hit them and Audrina, Sola and Ode immediately fell unconscious.

That’s when the voice called out to her. A small voice of a small child.

She looked back, but a powerful force swallowed her.

That’s all she can remember.

So what is this situation?

“Doc, the patient finally regained consciousness!” A woman’s voice caught Leona’s attention

The white room was instantly filled with people. They’re nurses and doctors.

“W-where am I?” Leona asked in confusion. Her throat felt dry. It’s as if she haven’t had a taste of water for years.

“This is St. John Hospital. How are you feeling, Miss?” a doctor asked her carefully

“I’m okay. Except for the bedsore I’m feeling.” Leona answered calmly.

“Do you remember what happened seven months ago?” a doctor asked

“Seven months ago?” Leona was confused.. She have a bad feeling about this.. “Is this.... Earth?”