3 Months Prior

I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far 😃

It is my first day at a normal school in seven years, and I sit in my English class impatiently waiting for the call. The call that would notify the teacher that I had to leave. As I quietly click the top of my pen, a boy throws a gum wrapper and it lands directly in front of me. I shoot him a deadly glare as he quickly lowers his head. I grab the gum wrapper and unwrap it,  as it unfolds I see the message in the wrapper. It reads, "I like you, let's date"  with a yes and no directly below it. I give the kid a questioning glance as I look around to see who he could possibly be throwing it to. He points to my left and I nod back at him and throw it to the girl. She reads the message and lifts her head. I can tell she is searching for the person who wrote it. "Back row second seat." I whisper. A smile creeps on her face as her cheeks turn a bright red. She circles yes and throws it back to him. He takes one look at the wrapper and starts grinning from ear to ear. A slight smile slips on my face as well, just watching how simple their lives are makes me so amused and joyful at the same time.

   Suddenly, the phone rings and I start packing up all of my vocab and grammar papers. The teacher sets the phone down and tells me that my mom is waiting for me. I stifled a laugh knowing well that the person waiting for me was most definitely not my mother. I lift my bag with ease and exit the English classroom with a smirk on my face. I stroll down the hallway, taking in all the marks in the walls to the people walking through it. I continue down the dirty old stairs towards the front office. I enter slowly into the only nice room in the entire building. Typical, of course the only area where parents could be in is also the only area in the school that doesn't look like it will collapse any minute. An older woman turns around and looks at me. I immediately assume she is the one sho will be picking me up.

   "Hey mom," I say calmly trying not to oversell it.

  "Hey sweetheart, how was school?" The woman responds in such a convincing way that almost made me believe she is my mother.

  "Great," I reply plainly. She looks at me scanning my face in wonder and she smiles. "Well have a great day Mrs. Roberts!" I say to the kind secretary as the woman picking me up and I saunter out of the building. I take a deep breath as we step outside, as I begin walking towards a black SUV. "You're not bad you know? You have real potential," I tell the woman.

  " I didn't expect you to be so young," she mutters, completely ignoring my compliment.

   " Why? Is it so hard to believe?" I ask in a condescending tone. All she does is sigh, which is to be expected. I, like every other person, like to do things in my spare time, and being sarcastic and condescending is my way of doing that. Is it annoying? Yes, it is, but I don't really care. We reach the car and a man in a full black suit with black shades is standing by the car door. "This isn't inconspicuous at all," I snark.

"Good to see you too, Agent 2486682," He responds annoyed already.

I sit  in the back as the two adults sit in the front.  They look at each other briefly and then John turns the ignition. With that, we are on the road on the way to the compound. 

"What's wrong Samantha?" John whispers to the woman, trying to limit how much I listen into the conversation.

"What's wrong? Are you serious John?" She responds in a whisper.

"Yes, what's wrong?" He asks plainly.

   "I'll tell you what's wrong, the top spy, the only spy in the whole organization who has been kept secret from the public's eye and most of the organization's eyes, the deadliest person on the planet, is a 15 year old girl who can't even drive yet." She answers a bit louder.

"Hey! I can drive,  John taught me. The government made an exception for me as always, thank you very much." I retort. She looks back at me in shock almost like she forgot I was there. " You guys know that I could hear you the whole time, no matter how hard you tried to whisper, right?" Honestly it's annoying. I partly get it because I'm a kid, but people could at least have the decency to notice that I'm actually there. I am literally one of the only three people on the planet who even know my identity and still, when people in the organization meet me, they act like I was just picked up from preschool. We take an exit towards Washington D.C. " Wait, where are we going? I thought we were staying in New York" I ask suspiciously, my curiosity peaking.

"No, we are going to the White House to meet with the President." He says in a way that makes it sound like he does this everyday, when I realize he does do this every day. I nod and sit back. Knowing it's going to be a while, I grab my phone and put my earbuds in. I glance out the window, looking at the luscious green in the background and letting the music take over my thoughts, breathing in and out slowly. I knew better than to fall asleep in a car where I am not alone. After years in this line of work, you learn things and gain things, in my case I gained major trust issues.

"4 hours pass when I notice a billboard with a shadowy figure, and words printed on the big sign reading, "Who is Agent 2486682? And why is the government lying to us?" I look up in alarm. Why the hell is there a billboard with my ID number on it?!

"What the hell was that?" I announce, anger  filling my voice when in reality fear entered my mind.

"Watch your language Agent, and what is what?" John replies.

"The big billboard with my ID number, John! The whole point was to keep my identity a secret!" I yell.

" There was a slight leak in the database a month ago. They got your ID number but since the organization only had your ID number on file, that's the only thing they have on you." He explained.

"That's already more than I want them to know!" I shout. They both startle a little with the volume of my voice. "How much long we until we reach the White House? I need to talk to her." I state forcefully.

"Calm down, everyone else's information is out in the open and all the enemies  know about you is your ID number and you freak out," Samantha speaks up.

"Oh I'm sorry, do you have  1,000 confirmed kills? Have you not failed a single mission? Are you a person of interest in every other country in the world? Are you fifteen?" I spat. My comment shut her up immediately. Good, I don't have the patience for this woman to judge me when she doesn't even understand the damn situation.

"We're here." John says as he pulls over and puts the hood over my head. It is protocol that whenever I enter a government building, I have to wear a hood so no one will know my identity. It's annoying, but it is how we do it. We step outside of the car, immediately I sense eyes on me, I guess about ten sets since the secret service guards patrol in groups of ten. We enter the building and we go through the security measures, then we head towards the Oval Office. About time I need to have a talk with this woman about the true security of her databases. We finally stop and the hood is taken off my face.

"Agent 2486682, a pleasure to finally meet you in person." The president says.

"I wish I could say the same Ms. President." I chide. Everyone in the room glares at me.

"Stop acting like a little brat." Samantha whispers harshly in my ear. 

"First of all can we all stop pretending that Agent hard ass to my left isn't going to get wiped the moment she doesn't have any use in this specific project?" I turn to face her. "Did you really think that they weren't going to wipe your memories of me the moment you didn't  have anything to offer this mission?" I smirk as she looks up at me with a look of horror on her face. " I may be fifteen but I'm definitely not stupid. Me meeting the president in person could only mean one thing, we are in danger, and not the type of danger that just any agent could solve. I'm close, right Ms. President?" I ask once again condescendingly.

"Ahem..." the president says as she clears her throat. "Yes, that would be correct Agent." She announces softly.

A Special Thanks to VeronicaCrown