“Well it doesn’t really. Let’s see if their worth eating.” She mumbled with a small smile while grabbing a fork and started to dig in to the pancake. But I beat her to it pulling the plate closer towards me.

“Hey! You should make your own instead of eating mine.” I whined snatching the fork out of her hand and taking the first bite. Her mouth fell into an o shape in shock but quickly recovered with a bright smile knowing I was teasing her. We both giggled uncontrollably.

It’s been such a long time since I could laugh freely and be myself. It’s been such a long time since I’ve had friends even under the circumstances of being held hostage. It was like a foreign language to me. All I’ve ever had was my family but my parents were never there for me. They were always worrying and caring for my Keaton, my older brother. Even though I never felt like I belong to the same family I still loved Keaton. He was the closest friend I had even through high school. I did have a few friends along with my brother’s friends but I always felt that he asked them to be my so I never got to close to them.

I took a few pancakes and set them on a plate that Selene had behind the bar and patted the seat next to me, indicating her to come eat with me. She smiled and sat next to me in response.

As she began to eat I let my curiosity wonder. I’ve never asked nor have they told me of how they get their daily dosage of blood. Although I know Selene is a vampire I can’t picture her drinking or killing a human. She just seems to kind hearted to do something so inhuman. But that’s exactly what she was inhuman.

Selene ate her pancakes slowly as if she were trying to savor the sweetness of them. Unlike me who was scarfing them down leaving me with a sticky syrup covered mouth. I hadn’t had such a good breakfast like this in years I thought to myself. I was always ether in a rush and didn’t have time to make any or no one bothered to make anything at all.

“Thanks for the pancakes Selene, they were really good.” I told her as I hopped off the stool and washed my plate before putting it in the dishwasher.

“Don’t worry about it, I enjoyed cooking it for you.” She said as she finished off her plate.

“So what should we do today?” I asked her.

“Hmm.” She hummed to herself. “We could go shopping I know your tiered of wearing my clothes all the time.”

“And I know you’re suffocating in this big old house to; you need so fresh air in you.”She finished before I could responded to tell her I didn’t need any she grabbed my arm and lightly dragged me to get ready.

When Selene was done getting ready she had me dressed and ready to go in under ten minutes it was amazing. She was dressed with her white blond hair in a messy pony and a classy skirt and one size to big tattered band shirt. While she forced me to wear another one of her frilly dresses that clung to my waist making me feel just a bit exposed.

We headed out to the mall in the sleek midnight blue 1970’s Corvette that she said she’d wanted to take out for a while now.

Cruising down the high way I found the perfect station playing all the classic mid eighties rock after searching for a good five minutes. I made myself comfortable sinking in to the seat with the cool air blowing on my face, I let out a satisfied sigh. Neither of us talked, it wasn’t an awkward silence but it was peaceful one. In a way I found it calming, a break from reality.

It took us a good two hours before we finally made it to our destination. I never really noticed how far out in the middle of nowhere they lived.

The mall was one of the biggest malls I’ve ever seen. It had out ranged the little outlet that was twenty minutes out of town back home.