'So, you're telling me that if I wasn't here then you wouldn't go back to your office and not take a break to eat?' He raised his eyebrows, already knowing the answer but still revelling in the satisfaction of Phil's sigh. 'Hmm, that's what I thought.'

Wilbur washed up some of the dishes as Phil ate, despite his insistence that it wasn't necessary, before sitting beside him for company. 'Wait...' Phil started; his sandwich held in his hands as he turned to Wilbur curiously. 'You- You used to do this when you were a cat.'

'I don't know what you're talking about.' He said, making his voice swim with smugness and smiling at the elytrian's discovery.

'You little shit! You're aim was never to get food when you meowed at me to get up... It was to get me to-' Phil paused, shaking his head and laughing quietly. 'Damn, that makes more sense.'

He didn't say anything at that, returning Phil's nostalgic smile and allowing him to go back to work when he had finished. The elytrian smiled gratefully when he'd next wandered in his office, accepting the glass of water and sliced apple with less procrastination than before. Wilbur eventually settled into the routine of it, making extra effort whenever Phil insisted that he didn't have to. He was a cat hybrid after all, and his stubbornness didn't leave him.

--

Wilbur found himself settling into an easy routine with Techno as well, appearing at his room and convincing him to come downstairs at almost the exact same time every day. The piglin hybrid caught on quickly, pretending to act annoyed whenever he insisted that he came out of his room. Wilbur knew that he secretly enjoyed it, always finding him waiting for his appearance every afternoon and little resistance to whatever he insisted they do.

He found himself appearing at Techno's door in the middle of the night, dragging a pillow from the sofa inside with him. Wilbur often braided his hair on those nights, knowing that the piglin hybrid was too shy to ask for it. The cat hybrid accepted the pieces of jewellery and gold that Techno often gave him, making sure that he was always wearing at least one of them when he discovered it reassured his piglin side.

Wilbur stayed with him until he fell asleep, gently humming tunes as Techno's eyes became heavier. The piglin hybrid would often ask him to stay upstairs with him, only drifting off to sleep when he was reassured that he wouldn't go anywhere. He always kept his word on those evenings, waking up just before Techno did and greeting him with a cup of coffee in the mornings that he fetched from Phil in the kitchen.

The cat hybrid always felt warmer whenever he saw them smile, and the feeling of affection bubbled inside him when he was the cause of it.

--

It seemed to be going well, until they realised that it was shakier than they initially thought.

Despite Wilbur's attempts to make sure he was the one doing things for them, it seemed that they were always determined to do the same for him. The cat hybrid insisted that they didn't need to do anything, telling them that the fact he was there was more than enough. He eventually stopped his insistence when they just looked sad at him, further fuelling their motivation instead of hindering it. Wilbur pretended that his heart didn't swell with pure love whenever it happened, choosing to return the favour in any way he could.

It all started when Phil asked him what seemed like an innocent question, curiosity was all that danced in his voice. Wilbur was sitting at the table with him, accompanying him as he ate lunch and carefully wrapping Techno's food in cling film.

The comfort of a cat hybrid. ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें