"Apologies, sir, but if we wait any longer, she'll d—"

"Take her with us. We're done with our mission anyways." One of the other women in the five-man group clears her throat.

"But lieutenant colonel, what if this is a trap set by the enemy?"

"By the looks of it, she's human and over twenty. It wouldn't benefit those bloodsuckers by keeping a human of that age with them," the superior sighs. "If she happens to act out, we're leaving her behind."

"Yessir!"

At this point, Y/N would prefer to be dead if she was gonna be waking up in pain for more times than once. Her eyes peeled open and was met with blinding lights and a stench so strong, she swore her nose hairs burnt off. It smelled so much like bleach.

"You're awake." An unfamiliar voice announces, followed by slight paper rustling. The noblewoman was about to push herself to sit up but a hand on her shoulder stops her. "Rest. You've lost a lot of blood," he orders. Y/N nods slowly and relaxes.

"Where am I?" she whispers, keeping her eyes closed in hopes of shielding her eyes from the excruciatingly bright light, but lead to no avail.

"Shinjuku. You're safe here," the deep, silky voice assures before finally taking note of Y/N's annoyance at the light and stands up to turn it off. "What's your name?" he asks and sits back down on the chair by Y/N's cot.

"L/N Y/N. You are?" slowly, the clan head looks to her questioner, letting her blurry eyes slowly adjust. He had pure, raven hair and deep purple eyes that were almost hypnotizing.

"Ichinose Guren. You've been out for almost a day." Y/N hums, her voice hoarse. Guren was about to speak again, but the woman across him beats him to it.

"Was there anyone else with me? Light blue hair, a clan crest on his osode. . ." Confused, the brunet shakes his head. "Dammit," Y/N curses under her breath and closes her eyes. Guren squints his eyes at the injured woman before him. She was something to be curious about; she didn't seem to be targeted by any vampires nor bitten by any, and that weird, red, glowy thing on her waist often hummed and flickered while treating her wounds, obviously leading to many questions in the militant's head. Who was she? Where did she come from? Why was she out in the open wounded in the first place?

Even Y/N asked herself those questions regarding the man next to her. He didn't seem like he was with the Shogunate nor the decree, but he didn't look like a member of the Resistance either. And what the hell is Shinjuku? The name sounded Inazuman to her, but recalled no island on the archipelago going by that name, let alone a village or any of the sort. And how was she gonna explain her injury? "Oh, you know, just squaring up to a god who's obsessed with eternity and fighting in a war with people who want to steal our visions, no biggie." Y/N realizes something and let her eyes shoot open. Her hand flies to her left hip where her pyro vision is supposed to be, but felt nothing. She immediately sits up, neglecting the pain felt in her side and looks around the room for it. She spots her polearm on the farthest side of the room. I should've known they were connected to the decree.

"Is it this you're looking for?" Guren holds up the pyro vision, calming Y/N's panicked reaction for a small moment.

"What are you doing with it?" she scowls, ready to pounce on the man to get her vision back. Guren raises a brow at this, even more curious about the glowing trinket. "Give it back," the noblewoman demands despite knowing it was futile. There was no way a member of the hunt decree would hand over a vision so easily.