Please come home with me

Start from the beginning

"When Cassidy fell in we were already in our boat down stream. We wouldn't have found her if she hadn't grabbed on to a rock at the last minute, when we put her in the boat she went unconscious and was bleeding fast, we knew there was a hospital nearby but we saw the military coming in and out of it. That was when Al remembered the Hughes wife is a nurse and as we saw you guys leaving, we heard that she was here. So we found a doctor to help Cassidy and we could keep this quiet."

I take in what i was told, Cassy was in the freezing water while badly hurt. I should've grabbed her hand or jumped in after her, that could've at least spared her some pain. I was snapped out of my thoughts when a little voice called out to Hughes. "Daddy?" We turned our heads to see Elicia standing there in her PJ's rubbing her eyes. "What's going on?" Hughes looked at the Elric then back the Elicia. "Uh, just having a Chat with uncle Roy and some friends. What my question is what are you doing out of bed?" Elicia got embarrassed for a moment before saying. "I wet my bed."

Hughes and I chuckle at that as he gets up and says. "I'll fix that up in no time." He picks her and she asks. "Your not mad, are you?" "Of course not. Everyone at your age had accidents like this. Heck, Roy didn't stop until he was eight." I blushed in embarrassment. "SHUT UP HUGHES!" He just laughs as Elicia giggles, the brothers laughed a little when Edward suddenly tapped the table with his gun as Alphonse looks at him. "Why don't you go with him Al, he might need help." Al nodded and got up to follow them.

Now it was just me and Edward, he still had his gun trained on me and he looked a little bored. I decided to keep quiet so I wouldn't anger him because I heard he had a short temper. The door opened to reveal Winry covered in blood, she went into the kitchen and when she came back she had towels in her hands. After awhile Hughes and Alphonse came back going back to their seats, Gracia came out and we looked at her. Edward asked. "How is she?" "She's gonna be fine, her fever broke and the bleeding stopped. She's awake if you want to see her?" "Thank you but we'll be taking our leave now."

The boys got up with their guns still aimed at us, Alphonse gave his gun to Edward and left. He came back with rope, he looked at Gracia and said. "Help me tie them." She walked towards us and helped tie us up. We were tied together with our hands bonded and our chairs back to back. After they were done Alphonse got his gun back as Winry and Cassy came out, Cassy still looked a little weak but allot better then before and got some color back in her face. Edward looked at them and asked. "Ready?" "I'm ready, just a little sore." "Good." He turns to us and says to Gracia. "Keep them tied up for an hour, don't tell the military that we were here. Got it?" "Yes." "Good."

They were about it to leave when Gracia said. "Wait." They turn around and looked at her. "Why did you run away?" Edward just scoffs and says. "Because the military was going to separate us. Winry with Pinako and the rest of us in foster homes. Far away from each other because we were broken." Me and Hughes gasped at that, they left right after that. I was shaking in shock, the military was going to separate four broken children for having broken minds. Why? Hughes offered to take in the Elric kids in then what the hell? If they were going to separate them then why agree for Hughes to take them in? This doesn't make any sense.

I felt the rope move as Gracia untied us, apparently it had been an hour after they left. Gracia looked at us and asked. "Is that true? Were they gonna separate those children?" Hughes looks at her and says. "Apparently so. We had a feeling that those children were gonna be separated but I said we were gonna take the Elric's in and the führer agreed to it." Gracia looked at him confused. "But why agree anyways if he wanted to separate them?" "I'm not sure but it's clear that the military wanted to separate them for a reason, we just don't know it why." I stood up and walked to the door. "Roy, where are you going?" I stopped and looked at him. "I'm gonna tell the others about this." "Why not use our phone?" "I think the phones are tapped and the military might know about the Fullmetal team being here." "Good point Roy. I'll come with you."

I was at a pay phone calling Hawkeye first.

Hawkeye- Really? They said that?

Roy- It was more Edward saying it then them. But he was being honest about it.

Hawkeye-Why did the führer agree on Hughes taking them in if he was just going to separate them in the first place?

Roy-I'm not sure. According to Edward, they were gonna be separated due to them being broken and that was it. He didn't say much else.

Hawkeye-Just that? I have a feeling if one of asked, they wouldn't have said anything else.

Roy-Your right. Because according to the female Elric we broke their trust. I think she heard something that made them become distrusting of us and run away.

Hawkeye-That does make sense, their minds were broken but not that broken. If they hear something about the people the trusted not doing what they promised is bound to have consequences to it.

Roy-Yeah. We're gonna figure out how to tell them the truth and to make it seem genuine.

Hawkeye-Make it genuine?

Roy-You know what I mean.

Hawkeye-I do sir. You figure out a plan and I'll tell Armstrong about what happened. How did you find out anyway?

Roy-The female Elric got shot after I tried to get her to come back with me and came to Gracia for help.

Hawkeye-I bet that didn't go as planned.

Roy-Oh no it did. She nearly got my hand until she was shot. I think whoever shot her was aiming a little to the right.

Hawkeye-They were aiming for her heart.

Roy-Yeah. If they had your aim she wouldn't be alive right now. I'm starting to think that the people who tortured them had something to do with her getting shot.

Hawkeye-That would make sense. I'll see you in the morning Colonel, I'll call Armstrong about this as well.

Roy-Got it but don't call him on the military line. We got to keep quiet that the Elric's were at Hughes's place.

Hawkeye-Right. See you tomorrow.

Roy-You too, oh and Lieutenant?

Hawkeye-Yeah?

Roy-Tell Havoc i said hi.

I hung up before she could reply. I knew I was right, she may be good at hiding it but Havoc has a horrible poker face. I got out of the phone booth and walked away with Hughes behind me. "Do you really think the people that tortured them shot Cassidy?" "Yes because it makes sense. They kept her away from us before why not do it again." "But why?" "They said that they were gonna choose who'd die and that was Cassidy but her door was covered and she was alive." "What're you getting at Roy?" "In other cases the story was similar. They were chosen to die. A man, a women, a child and Cassidy. Our killers used to the victims."

Hughes gasped and stopped walking. "Your saying that the killers were the victims? How can you be sure?" I turned around and said. "Yes. It makes sense, why would they leave Cassidy alive if she was supposed to die? They were gonna brainwash her into a killer like them." He stared at me for awhile until he smirked and said. "Well, it's a good thing you found her before it was too late then." I smirked back and we walked back to his place to figure out how to get the children to believe us but what was really itching at me was how we were gonna find them?

🦾🦿~🤖🦾🦿~🧤🔥~🛠🔧~🦅🔫~💪✨~👓🔪~