I don't like that falling feels like flying 'til the bone crush

Everybody wants you
But I don't like a gold rush

ABC Studios. New York City. April 29, 2015.

"Y/N... Hey, Y/N... Y/N!"

You felt the thunk of an object bounce off your forehead, jolting you back to reality. Blinking blearily, you rubbed the space between your brows, noting the ink pen that now lay in your lap. "Huh?" you asked. Your eyes fell on your producer and best friend, Savannah.

The raven-haired woman rolled her eyes. Had she rolled them any harder they would have fallen out of her head. She huffed in frustration, "Did you hear anything I just said?"

"Yes?" Your statement came out more like a question.

Savannah crossed her arms and tapped her foot, raising one eyebrow higher than should be physically possible. She heaved a sharp sigh through her nose making her annoyance with you abundantly clear. You offered her a lazy apologetic smile. She shook her head, "I asked if your interview questions were ready to submit to Tony's publicist."

"Oh!" you said, scooting closer to your desk. "Yeah, lemme email them to you." You quickly attached the document to the email and sent it off. You pushed your chair back and turned to her once more. "Done."

A small smile peeked out from the corners of her painted red lips. She uncrossed her arms and perched on the edge of your desk. "So," she began. You closed your eyes with a small sigh, knowing full well what she was going to ask. "Are you excited to see Mr. Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist again?"

You scoffed audibly, "No. Absolutely not. Whatever gave you that idea?" You waved away her question and threw her pen back at her, missing her completely.

She stared at you knowingly, seeing straight through your façade. "This will be...what...the third time he's asked to be interviewed by you?" she baited.

You shrugged your shoulders and turned back to your computer nonchalantly, trying to make yourself look busy. "I haven't been keeping track."

Oh, but you had.

This would be the fifth time Iron Man asked for you since you first interviewed him over a year ago. All your journalist colleagues envied rapport you had built with the tech tycoon turned superhero.

Not that you'd let her know you were counting.

She smiled not believing your response in the slightest. "He asks about you a lot, you know. At least, that's what Steve says."

Savannah had been dating, as Tony once referred to him as, Mr. Stars and Gripes for about a year. When Tony found out you two were friends, he made it a point to extend you an invitation to all Avenger parties. However, each time, you declined, citing one lame excuse after another.

The truth was, although you were indeed very interested in Tony Stark, fear held you back. Tony's indiscretions and love affairs were public knowledge and, honestly at this point, the norm. To you, he heavy-handedly played up the playboy angle to mask his true nature. This made him even more alluring. But your fear of becoming no more than a notch in Tony Stark's belt kept you from accepting his advances.

That and the plethora of women as well as some men who practically threw themselves at his feet almost every day. Any time he came to the studio for an interview, people of all ages would line the streets just to catch a glimpse of him. Sometimes they would form lines around the block the night prior to the interview to ensure this. And, let's face it, you knew yourself. You were the jealous type, at least at the start of a relationship. You also weren't too keen on the idea of subjecting yourself to the level of scrutiny that came with dating a celebrity of any sort. You weren't like Savannah – gorgeous, confident, and took no one's bullshit. She could handle that sort of lifestyle and had been for almost a full year.