My friends as one

On a stormy night, I was feeling a bit worried; after spending days on the same project, the incessant tapping of the rain on my window, accompanied by the woes of the wind, shaking everything and everyone on their path; doubts and anxieties began to creep into my brain. Perhaps this was not the wisest way, or the most ethical, perhaps this was a mistake, or my constant failure was anyone's fault but mine. But as I kept looking around, I could only see my friends on dire need of help; their bodies, turn apart by their attacker, interiors out for everyone to see, most were missing limbs, agonizing they plead to me to heal them, to revive them, to give them a second chance amongst the living.

The process of said work was exhausting; there was no way they could take chloroform, so awake they remained at all times. As I sawed their skin the only sound were their muffled cries, skin burned and molded around metal, cables coming out of everywhere and lights flashing. The sight was magnificent. Pure technological advance, fused with human meat, connecting not only memory, mind and personality into a machine, but multiple into one. It was art, the way the nearly 4 meters tall most advance being stood, with over 16 arms and enough legs to support it, faces everywhere with tubes, smoke and wires pointing in all directions. The smell was one of glory, of improvement, coal and oil, along with the sweet smell of blood. It was perfect.

As the being started moving, enormous hump in its back (connecting all the systems to work as one was more complicated than expected), it started to move straight at me, the different faces screaming, cussing and crying in extreme joy. My friends stood in front of me, exploring their new body; I couldn't help but being proud of myself, such a perfect creation, immortal unless killed with a specific code, unknown to everyone but me; my friends were saved. The memory of the night I killed them fresh in my memory, how grateful they were, crying on their knees in front of me, begging. I had freed them, I was their savior, their creator. They owed me their evolution to such a superior being. Even as they teared my body apart in screams, eating it while sobbing, I knew they were praising me. My friends, my precious friends, we have always been so close, and now, we are all one.

By: Domador de dragones/ BlackCat1550