Chapter 3

𝕀𝕗 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕟 𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣'𝕤 𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕜 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤

It's almost lunchtime, the Elizabetha has set off and is heading to Hamburg. Lars is steering the ship, and Nicu hasn't been seen since breakfast.

Alisa's POV:

I'm starting to believe someone has bitten Nicu twice and given him the Caminada ring. Where the hell is he hiding? I swear I searched everywhere. He's not on deck, he's not in the classroom, he's not  in the shadow's quarters. He couldn't have gone off the ship since we're in the middle of the ocean, so where the hell could he have gone?

"Hey Alisa, you found Nicu yet?" Ivy's voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"No not yet, I swear I've checked everywhere!"

"Well, where have you checked?"

"On deck, in the classroom, in the shadow's quarters, we'd have seen him go into the coffin room, there's literally nowhere else on the ship!"

Her eyebrows knitted together in thought. I could see her going through the rooms in the ship. After about 5 mins her eyes lit up. "Did you check where the animals are?"

"Why would Nicu be by the cages?"

"Well there's nowhere else on the ship!"

I laugh, "Alright I'll go check."

I turn away and head down the stairs. Nobody's down there but as I head towards where the animals are I see the door's ajar. As I head through the door I notice something move in the corner by some boxes. I smile and walk over.

"Hey Nicu"

He look up at me and sighs.

"Hey, I see you found my hiding spot."

"It took us a while. I almost gave up before Ivy suggested you might be down here."

"Curse her and her intelligence." 

I laugh and go sit next to him.

"So, why are you hiding behind storage crates?"

"I don't know. I guess I just wanted some time alone."

"Still getting used to living with a bunch of vampires on a 300 year old boat?"

This makes him laugh a little. "Yeah I guess. I mean, I'm used to being on my own most of the time. I guess I've not quite adjusted to being surrounded by so many people all the time."

"And having to watch people eat blood 3 times a day?"

"Yeah, that too. I guess you've been told the story then?"

"By Ivy, dramatic recreation and all."

"It wasn't that bad!"

"She said you nearly vomited."

"I did not!"

I start laughing as his face goes pink. I'm glad he's my friend now. He's a great person.

"So, who's sailing the ship?"

"Lars."

"Lars is sailing the 300 year old boat?"

I try not to start laughing again at the panic in his voice. How little faith does he have in my boyfriend?

"There's no need to panic, he knows what he's doing. Hamburg was the first place his father let him sail to without help."

"Why Hamburg?"

"Because they were on their way to save us from the Redmasks."

"You mean from my mother?"

I feel a wave of guilt wash over me. Trust me to bring up that story. I'm an idiot. Why do I have a habit of blurting things out without thinking about them?

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry Alisa I-"

"Nicu you don't need to apologise. If your mother didn't come to our house we never would've gone on the Elizabetha. I never would've discovered my purpose and Dracula would probably have turned the world to vampires. By your mother coming to our house and making us leave she basically saved the world!"

"And you met Lars?"

I sighed. I do a whole speech and he doesn't even say thanks. "And I met Lars."

"So my mum's a matchmaker then."

This makes us both laugh. "A very good one at that."

Someone upstairs rings the bell. "Sounds like lunch is ready"

Nicu goes a bit pale. "I think I'll eat down here."

"Ok. Just don't hide down here all night."

"I won't."

"Good"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝓢𝓸𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓾𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓘 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓸𝓬𝓾𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓐𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓪 & 𝓝𝓲𝓬𝓾'𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓭𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓵𝓸𝓹 𝓲𝓽. 𝓘 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓾𝓯𝓯 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷 𝓼𝓸𝓸𝓷! 𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂! :)