When his father died, he saw how strong his mom was.

She brought him up and kept their company going all on her own.

He wanted her to like Ella.

That was why he decided to clear his schedule for the rest of the day and call Ella

 "Hello?" Karen answered the phone.

"Karen, can I talk to Ella please."

"Oh, wait a minute."

She went to Ella, who was gathering plates in the kitchen as they just had lunch.

She insisted on cleaning it up. She wasn't used to the use of maid to do your chores for you.

"Ellllaaa~ someone's on the phone for you."  Karen said in a teasing tone.

"Huh?" Ella said, looking up at Karen. "Who?"

"Who do you think? I think someone is guilty that he didn't get to eat the breakfast a certain Miss Ella had cooked!! Aiyoo! You guys are so cute!"

"What?! Where's the phone?! Why didn't you tell me earlier? It might be something important." Ella exclaimed. She obviously doesn't want Chun to wait.

"Hello?" she said on the phone timidly.

"Uuhh..Ella, I just called to tell you that...I'm picking you up, so we could go shopping."

"But I thought you were busy."

"Ask me later."

"Fine"

"Bye"

"Bye"

They ended the call.

"So? How did it go?" Karen went out from the kitchen after unsuccessfully eavesdropping.

"He said we're going shopping and that I could ask him later why."

"Shopping? Really?! Then...You're effort was really unappreciated!!" Karen couldn't believe her master could be this unappreciative. She felt so disappointed.

"Karen? Don't be like that! Look on the bright side! Both of us are going shopping!!! Just the two of us shopping together!!!" Ella squealed. "Don't you think only boyfriends and girlfriends shop together?"

She was totally excited. She was actually looking for distractions so she wouldn't think much about her upcoming meeting with Chun's mother.

--

When Chun came, Ella immediately went inside his car and they drove to the mall.

"Chun, why did you suddenly want to go shopping?" Ella asked while they were already parking the car.

Chun was expecting her to ask the minute he arrived at home but was surprised when she waited until they were at the parking lot to do so.

"To tell you the truth, I...just...don't think the way you dress right now is really...flattering. That's why I wanted you to come so we could buy you some clothes that are more...girly. I mean com'on your nearly 5 months pregnant, I don't think your clothes are very appropriate."

Chun finished answering when he had finally parked the car without even looking at her.

 "Thank you for your blunt answers Mr. Wu but you know, I'm a very emotional pregnant woman and yet you just insult me so bluntly. I don't think that's a good thing to do."

She was starting to tear up, trying hard to hold it back.

But she knew where Chun was coming from, her mom was also urging her to shop for new clothes because her baggy ones are just plain...ugly.

"Also, didn't you know, that I made you breakfast this morning, I was really excited to let you taste my cooking, I even asked Karen to tell me what your favorite foods were so I could cook them."

Chun was caught off guard; he didn't know what to do.

Looking at the sobbing woman, he was really torn.

He didn't how to comfort her, he had the thought of hugging her, but that was a no-no.

They weren't a couple!

He really didn't know what to do. He was just looking at her.

"Ella, I'm sorry. I really didn't mean it that way." He said and had decided on patting her back gently.

"I'm really sorry, don't worry as soon as we get home, I'm going to eat whatever's left of what you had cooked for me and to really show how sorry I am I'm going to cook your favorite food for dinner. Is that alright?"

"Promise?"

"Promise."