"I guess I don't, do I?" He mutters, watching as you move away to the kitchen table to grab the granola bar that he set out for you. You make your way back to the front door, a hand reaching for the doorknob and ready to face your new reality.

"Oi, [Name]."

You look at him, eyes curious. "Yes?"

"I love you, kiddo. Don't forget it."

You turn back around to hide your smile, heart swelling. "I love you too, Hiro-san."

[8:32AM; U.A. HIGH]

The thirty minute commute to U.A. is stressful, to say the least.

You aren't yet familiar with the train system and with the lack of Hiro's guidance, it doesn't take long for you to grow wary and paranoid of your surroundings. Without any true exposure to the bustling city life, you find yourself having a hard time adjusting to it. You already miss the familiarity and comfort of the apartment.

The train is completely packed with people, like the sardines in the cans you have for dinner sometimes. There's nowhere to sit and dodging canoodling couples is harder than it seems. You don't quite understand how two people can be so intimate in a public space or, at all, really. Relationships were always the last thing on your mind but you would be lying if you said you've never thought of being in one before.

Shaking your head, you are only reminded of the tragedy that quite literally ruined your life. To love someone so much to the point of wanting to spend forever with them sounded absurd. That notion seemed to resonate with your mother as well, apparently.

When you arrive at U.A. High, it isn't hard to draw the conclusion that it's a ginormous school. You notice how the facility towers over the rest of the city, standing tall atop a hill of forested plains and isolated walkways. Just looking at it could make anyone queasy and you feel no less anxious now that you stand at the entrance of the main building. Is this even where you're supposed to go?

Pulling out a printed map of the school from your bag, you open it up and quickly reference your practiced route. Your designated classroom was on the first floor, as you were a first year student, which made sense. However, the layout did not.

Squinting, your eyes flit back and forth between the building and the map with growing confusion. Maybe you should ask for help.

Suddenly, as if someone had read your thoughts and decided to do exactly the opposite, the map flies out of your hands when something forcefully collides into your shoulder. You stumble forward at the aggressive contact and almost faceplant into the concrete, but thankfully manage to catch yourself using your palms.

"Watch it." A menacing voice spits.

You look up to see red eyes that glower at you with the strength of a thousand suns. A boy with blonde spiky hair stands before you with his hands in the pockets of his sagging slacks. You aren't quite sure how it could be possible, but he looks even less approachable than All For One with the angry frown plastered on his face.

You collect yourself off the ground before offering a polite bow. "Sorry."

The boy scoffs and his jaw tightens, a vein protruding from his neck. The apology seems to have just made him even more irritated for a reason unbeknownst to you. Without a response, he stomps off, bristling fiercely like an angry cat. And on the way, he tramples upon your forgotten map, leaving a big black shoe print in its wake.

You find yourself intrigued at the boy's strangely misplaced anger. Never have you met someone with such an intensity flaming within their eyes. He had only looked at you for a few seconds yet it felt like you were going to explode into flames. Did you perhaps take the subway route to a school for villains instead? With your current sense of direction, it was very possible.

Another boy with dark green hair and noticeable freckles across his face trails after, looking flustered and calling out the name 'Kacchan' in a hesitant manner. He stops by your side looking frazzled, staring at you with wide, apologetic eyes.

"S-Sorry about him, um, are you okay? Did you get hurt?" The green haired boy frets, hovering around you and shaking weirdly like a doting mother. It's somewhat humorous.

"I'm ok." You reply evenly as you wipe away dust from your skirt. Hiro would kill you if you got it stained or torn, especially after your first day. You don't really have the money to get it dry cleaned; nonetheless find a dry cleaner's that didn't double as an illegal underground business in your part of town.

You inspect your hands in search of scrapes from the fall, but find nothing. In the midst of the collision, your left sleeve had risen, revealing one of your soulmate marks that was now... glowing? You grasp your wrist and with furrowed eyebrows lean closer to get a better look at it. How could it be glowing at a time like this? Why?

You glance up at the blonde boy who is stalking away, then back at the mark on your wrist, and back at him again. It couldn't possibly be.

The mark stings.