Now wasn't the time to wait around and get killed.

Luckily for Nezumi he had a small skinny body, he was able to squeeze into a corner near the top of the stairs and remain unseen.

He checked his watch breathing slowly to not get caught.

1 hour 30 minutes remaining

He curled into himself more hiding his face in his elbows. Thank god he had chosen to wear all black today.

Closing his eyes he heard footsteps, slow ones. Not like the ones of the seekers. The seekers wanted you to know they were close.

Deciding to risk it Nezumi peeked out and saw a man with white hair. He scrunched up his face noticing his bright white hoodie. It was the same person he noticed from before.

Poor guy looked lost.

Rolling his eyes Nezumi pulled him into the space with him.

Holding a hand to his mouth and covering the other hider they stayed there together in silence.

Anytime the other tried to whisper Nezumi shot him down.

1 hour remaining

It had already felt like ages to Nezumi.

One of the seekers had passed the two of them but hadn't noticed either of them.

Gunshots sounded on a floor below them making the unknown boy wince.

However Nezumi wasn't focused on that.

He knew the seekers were getting more and more desperate. It had already been an hour and they haven't found everybody.

The boy had seen what happens to unsuccessful taskers after a game.

But this was a live or die situation.

And Nezumi would rather they die than him, and if that's how it worked then so be it.

He didn't want to check to see how much more time he had, he didn't want to move or even breathe because he knew that time was running out.

And the faster time ran out the more rushed and impulsive the taskers get.

Out of habit and desperation Nezumi hugged the white haired man beside him. It caused said man to freeze up but Nezumi didn't really care.

All he needed right now was a hug and luckily for him there was someone who had no choice but to let him hug them.

30 minutes remaining

This is it.

It's almost over.

Squeezing the small male in his hold a grin blooms on his face.

Another victory so so close, he heard the rushing of taskers feet and the way they were becoming more and more desperate. As sickening as it is it gave Nezumi a small amount of joy.

Joy to know he'd live to see another day.

25 minutes remaining

More rushing, a seeker had ran past them twice.

It had seemed that desperation had made them dumber. They hadn't even checked anything.

20 minutes remaining

Gunshots were heard but no bodies or screams.

Nezumi wondered if the seekers had chosen to off themselves instead.

God he hoped not.

15 minutes remaining

Stomps of feet up the stairs on his right.

He can hear the motions of a gun.

The pass his floor and go to the one above. Stomps of feet running all over the floor are heard.

10 minutes remaining

More and more desperation, and if the mouse boy listens closely he can hear cursing.

"They're getting desperate." He whispers almost silently to the boy he was hugging tightly. And he would have thought the other didn't hear him if it wasn't for the soft shake of the others shoulders indicating silent laughter.

5 minutes remaining

They were on his floor again, this time searching slower.

But it was no use because by the time the taskers had finally found Nezumi and his new cuddle buddy their heads exploded both bodies dropping to the floor.

Nezumi instantly jumps up laughing throwing his hands in the air.

"I won again! Oh my god yay!" He jumps over the bodies laughing. Clapping his hands he looks over to the guy he was hugging. "We won! We're alive!"

Rushing down the stairs the guy at his heels Nezumi laughs the whole way down.

He felt like he was in a rush, the rush of surviving once again had gone to his head.

Throwing the phone he had away as he didn't need it anymore he was just about to exit he was hit against the head knocking him unconscious.