"let him run," north spoke, ignoring the question he had been asked. his eyes were burning on mine as to tell me to release him. i did.

he instantly looked up, focusing on whoever stood behind me, his hand moving as well, but not leaving my thigh. he began slowly but confidently pinching my thigh, making me flinch with every teasing stroke of pain.

"but his hearing is tomorrow?" the man disagreed with north's ruling.

"he will return on his own, emmanuel. all we need is to give him a reason," north let a faded grin spread on his lips as he pinched his way up my thigh.

i frowned, doing my best to focus on their conversation but my cheeks were burning at the pure thrill and fear, this situation brought me. emmanuel, one of north's respected nobels, one of the most powerful men alongside him was standing directly behind me, whilst his king had his hand a place he shouldn't.

if he stepped just a few steps forward, just that would be visible, if it wasn't already. however, with my hands tied behind my back keeping me in the exact position i was displaying in the chair, north had every ounce of control.

"he ended up in the cellars because of her, who isn't to say he will again?" emmanuel finally seemed to understand the point north was making.

"exactly," north agreed, brushing his fingers against the short hairs on the side of my thigh. suddenly, he pinched it, harder this time, and i whined with surprise.

north excused emmanuel, who seemed eager enough to leave as the door closed seconds after.

"so," north began, bending down to my height but still keeping his head above mine, forcing me to look up. "have i made myself clear?"

a million thoughts ran through my mind at that point. lust or love? i had a choice to make, and it felt like a rather important one. i stared into his eyes careful to leave them alone, but no decision came to mind.

then, as did instincts take over my entire being, i felt a change.

"not yet," i closed my eyes as i leaned my head backwards and he followed suit, his lips tracing kisses along my neck.

a short, careful kiss close to my collarbone lead to multiple kisses making their way upwards as he increased his aggression. he was leaving marks, he had to be.

i exhaled deeply, not being able to contain the pleasures. his right hand left my throat digging his fingers into my hair before pulling my head even further back to allow for more access.

slowly, but eagerly he reached my ear and it seemed to be a fight against the world to disregard my lusts to turn my head towards him. towards his lips trailing their way over my skin.

suddenly, he stopped. he pulled his head back, meeting my eyes with a mixed expression.

"i want more," he spoke, almost as if not even aware of his own words. his breathing had become heavier, his eyes wider as he looked at me, his stare intense to say the least.

and as much as i knew what response my body was willing to give him i replied with: "ask one of the girls after me for that."

he quickly shook his head. "no. i want more." he paused, glancing away momentarily.

"the interest you have in me is growing on the forbidden of it all, north." i say, hearing how my tone grows sharp. "it's nothing you have not seen before, experienced before."

"mars, you are not listening to me." mercer grabs my jaw again, but this time much more gently. he is careful not to add more bruises to the collection forming on my neck.

"i want everything." he says. "everything there is to experience, i am supposed to do so with you."

"where is all of this coming from?" i question, looking away. "you get hard and suddenly, you're in love?" i chuckled slightly as focused on the moonlight behind him.

"yes," he said, seeming almost embarrassed, in a way i could not explain for the life of me. he kept his stare focused on my chest. or my heart. either one.

"that's not how it works, king north." my heart was racing. i had believed him once, believed in his love for me, and it had all turned out to be thinner than paper. true love does not disappear over the length of writing a two sentence goodbye letter. however, his managed to. emotions fill me up, but i struggle and ultimately, succeed in keeping in below the surface.
i watch as his face changes slightly. hurt deepens the folds in his smile before disappearing straight away. i take in a deep breath. i had never seen that before.

i shook it off, with a sigh. i felt so incredibly idiotic to have ever believed him. i felt like such a...

fool.