Chapter 72 - Loser

Comincia dall'inizio

"Hunter's like, pissed at me because I went out yesterday and the media found out I'm pregnant. People weren't supposed to know for a lot longer.." I sighed.

"How is that your fault?!" she looked offended.

"Well I was wearing like a cropped tank top and he told me not to go grocery shopping in it because people would notice, but I was sooo sure nobody would think anything of it that we even made a bet." I rolled my eyes.

"What was the bet?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh, don't even remind me. I have to dress up like a sexy maid one day and go around cleaning the house. Plus whatever other perverted stuff he has me do," I leaned my head back and sighed.

"Holy shit, Hunter's a secret freak, huh?" Kayla said.

"I mean not so secret to all of us because we lived with him, but for any of his other pack members, jaws would be on the floor at some of the stuff he wants me to do." I chuckled.

"Well why isn't he just happy he won the bet instead of being mad about your pregnancy leak?" she asked me.

"Oh, he will be. I don't know when though, he seems extra mad this time. But it always wears off and I'm sure he'll be all over that bet when he's done being pissy." I shrugged.

HUNTER'S POV

I invited James to come work out with me, I needed second advice on this whole situation anyways, and who better to ask than James, who had never even found his mate let alone had to deal with her pregnancy.

"Well, I did see that a lot of the online news websites were talking about it this morning. Brilliant move to get wine while she can only have water though, by the way." he rolled his eyes and I chuckled. I kind of deserved that.

"I'm pissed. She just should have changed like I asked her to." I scoffed.

"The news articles said "suspected" pregnancy for a reason, it's kind of a reach. I mean maybe she could have just had a food baby, you know?" he put down his weights.

"Well I can't lie to the pack about it now. I need you to increase the border and inner security by like 50% for the next few months if that's even doable right now." I told him and he nodded.

"Just try to remember who the real enemy is, Hunter. I'll give you a hint, it's not your mate." he chuckled, and his words resonated with me.

He was right, even though I was still annoyed with my little mate. But at least now I could focus on receiving my prize from our bet.

When we finished I went back home, but not before stopping to get that sexy maid outfit she promised she'd wear. Then I got back to the house and began to go upstairs, before I heard giggling from outside. I slowly made my way back down and towards the opening where the house met the backyard, but I stayed out of their sight. I suspected it was Kayla, it smelled like her.

"I feel like I desperately need to get pregnant now that you and Jade are gonna have kids that are like three months apart." Yep, definitely Kayla.

"Noooo, don't. You're gonna find your mate soon, I just know it. And trust me, being pregnant is no dream come true." I heard my Penelope say. I wonder why she said that...