Chapter One: Encounter

It was currently 10:2pm. I just got dumped.
I was really upset.
I didn't want to go home, since I'd get yelled at for being out past curfew.
I didn't want to go to any of my friend's houses, since I wanted to be alone at the moment. Also, I didn't feel like explaining anything to them.
I decided to go sit down on a swing in the park. I didn't care if it wasn't safe, I didn't care anymore. He was all I had, the only person who I truly loved; and he was gone. Just like that.
When I got to the park, I saw someone else sitting on the swing.
He had white hair, middle-part, pale, black eyes with bags, and an all black outfit.
He looked sad.
But, it wasn't my place to ask him anything, so I ignored him and sat on the swing next to him.
I'm assuming he noticed me, 'cause he said "hi."
I responded with your typical "hey" and continued thinking about what just happened.
We sat there silently for a few minutes until he spoke up again.

"Why are you crying?" He asked me.
I looked at him like he was crazy. I wasn't crying.
Was I?
I raised my finger by my eye and realized that it was a bit wet. I was crying. I didn't even notice.

"Oh, I didn't notice. It's nothing, just thinking about something, not that important." I replied, turning to him; his dead, black eyes met mine.
"It must be something if you're crying about it. You don't need to lie to me, you know," he said, not moving an inch.
"Alright fine, I just got dumped by the love of my life. He meant everything to me, but I now know that he didn't feel the same way. I shouldn't be upset over this, but I can't help it," I told him, looking at the ground.
"Oh. I see. Well, he clearly wasn't worth it then. You'll find someone better one day, I promise."
His words didn't really help, but I still appreciated them.
"Thanks, ..?"
"Manjiro Sano, but call me Mikey. How about you?"
Manjiro Sano, sounds familiar. Hm.
"Amari Yumeno."
"Nice to meet you, Amari." He said, smiling a bit.
"Nice to meet you too, Mikey."
"Are you by chance running any gangs?" I asked him right after.
"Oh, you know?" He replied with curiosity in his voice.
"Yeah, I think. Bon..ten?"
"Nice guess. Yeah, that's the name," he replied, some excitement in his voice.
"Isn't that a criminal gang though?"
"Mmh."
"Why would you go down that path, if I may ask?"
"Do you really want to know?"
"Sure."
"Alright."
"I had a gang back then, called Toman. I wanted to make a new age for delinquents, it was going well. I guess. I was known as the "Invincible Mikey" back then. Though I wasn't invincible. Sure, fighting-wise, but mentally.. no. I was empty inside. I had a dark impulse, I lived with that burden for so long. Until one day, I let it take over. I had nothing to lose. My siblings died, all were murdered in cold blood. I disbanded Toman, cut ties with all of my friends. I had no one. I then made this gang. It's ... horrendous. I'm happy with it, though, it was for their own good. I knew my dark impulse was going to take over, so I had to do it.. I do miss all of my friends, all of them. Especially.. Take..mitchy.. He.. was my hero. He reminded me so much of my big brother. He was really brave. He was really weak, but so brave. I admired him. Every day I think of how much fun I had back then, and how I'll never be able to have that fun again."
I was so shocked. The person that everyone thought was a monster was just.. a broken little boy. He didn't deserve this.
I could tell he was suffering.
"I'm.. so sorry. I.. have no words. I'm so sorry, Mikey."
I went over to him and hugged him tightly. He started crying, really hard.
"I have nobody," he said between his sobs; it looked weird seeing him cry, for he doesn't look like the kind of person who would break down in front of anyone.
I didn't know what else to say, I just let him sob in my arms, I pitied him.
"I'm sorry to bringing this onto you, I should've kept this to myself," he said, as he gently moved me away.
I went back on my swing.
"You didn't do anything wrong, I could tell you wanted to tell someone this," I reply, looking at him.
He stood up and looked at the sky with dried tears on his pale cheeks.
He was so tiny. Skinny. So.. fragile.
He wiped away his tears and stood up.

"I'm going to get going now, you should too. It's getting really late. I hope we meet again," he  said, looking back at me.
"Yeah, I hope so too. Stay safe, Mikey.." I said softly as I stood up.
He stopped.

"Can we meet up here tomorrow..? I want to do something with you," he asks as he smiles.
"Oh, yeah, sure!" I replied as I stood a bit behind him.
"11am?"
"Yeah, see you then."
"See ya, Amari-Chin!"  He smiled and walked away.
I went back home, it wasn't that far of a walk.
My parents were asleep, I think I'll just tell them in the morning.

If they're home.
I'm sort of happy that I made a new friend, but I still felt really bad. I'll try not to make him upset tomorrow.