-- THIS IS SELF-LOVE

i am the pain you carried in your torn and tattered soul, that you hid away yet kept, for years. this pain of yours, it has festered and bubbled and finally manifested, into me.

who am i?

i am the rage you kept at a simmer, right underneath your skin and inside your blood every time you were mistreated by those you love. i am the tears from when your trust was broken, shattered, and obliterated because others treated you like a toy: played with you then discarded you. i am the agony, the hurt, the anger, the blood, the quiet tears, the stifled tears, the unseen tears, oh god, so many fucking tears. above all, i am your patience.

i waited and grew inside of you until the day the pot boiled over and i spilled out, scalding and steaming and screaming for retribution.

breathe me in.

let me give you back the love you were denied. i'll kiss your scars away, i'll never betray your trust because i am you, if you were stripped down and melted to cast knives of sinew. patience has been burnt down to unnatural self-control, cleverness has soured into deadly accuracy, hurt has given me a body and this volatile fury? it has boiled and shaken and exploded into hard diamonds of a ruthless mind. my mind. i am battle worn. i am battle tested. i am yours and yours only. i will build you an empire, just say you'll let me.

( self love, self hurt, self revenge )