Complete - Part Three

George woke up to a searing pain in his head and a faint ringing in his ears. Everything was too bright and too loud, though there was hardly anyone there and the curtains were drawn. What happened?

Hey, howre you feeling? Asked Fred from the seat beside his bed, who hed only just noticed was there.

Sitting up slowly, George cradled his head between his hands and groaned. Ow he complained, gladly taking the glass of water his twin handed him.

Upon noticing he was awake, Madam Pomfrey made her way over with a vile of some sort of potion or draught. Its about time, she commented as she encouraged him to finish the potion, that should ease the pain. On both sides.

That seemed to remind him. Oh no he groaned, laying back down and covering his face again. What a way to find your soulmate

Fred nodded along. Yeah, Id say.

Looking around the room, George found no evidence of her presence; excluding Pomfrey, the twins were the only ones there. Where--

Shes fine. Fred interrupted, leaning his elbows on his knees. Left for her dorm about an hour ago, a bit weirded out to say the least.

Shes recovering fine, Pomfrey assured, as will you. Thankfully she only had a concussion and a broken nose, but I healed that up well.

This was awful, and so embarrassing. George could only imagine how his mother would react to this. Do you think anyone noticed?

Are you joking? His twin sassed. The whole bloody school was there, of course they all noticed!

That wasnt fair, George thought, that everyone knew who his soulmate was before him. Great. Thats just great.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Are you sure youre okay?

For the last time, Cedric, Im fine.

(Y/N) had hidden away in her dorm all day since she was discharged from the hospital wing, and escorted back by Cedric the whole time. He continued to baby her when she went to her room, going as far as to fly up the girls stairs on his broom and waltzing in in the same manner as he did back home. At first, Cedric wasnt too fond of finding out about his baby sisters soulmate, but after some consideration, he was quite pleased with the outcome. (Y/N), however, hadnt yet had the chance to let it all sink in (mostly, she put the blame on her brother being an overprotective nuisance).

It was so strange; before now, shed never given George Weasley a second thought – but now

Whatre you thinking about?

Take a wild guess, what do you bloody think Im thinking about? (Y/N) spat, crossing her arms and sitting against her pillows with a huff.

She didnt mean to be so rude, Cedric knew that, she just had a lot on her mind, a terrible sleep, and probably a lingering headache (besides, its not like he didnt have to deal with her occasional mood swings every month anyway). Yknow he started, somewhat cautiously taking a seat next to her, I dont think its so bad I mean, with George. Cedric watched her carefully, intertwining his fingers on his lap, she was facing slightly away from him, her brow creased and her lips pursed, but she didnt stop him yet. Hes a nice lad, funny too. And lives not too far from us so thats sort of a bonus, right? He really wasnt sure if this was going well; her expression had hardly changed, and she still looked a little grumpy – though he actually thought it was quite cute when she did that, and she always hated how hed mockingly point it out. After a few minutes of silence, Cedric made a move to leave, understanding that she wanted to be alone. You should get some sleep, gotta be up for breakfast tomorrow.

Madam Pomfrey said I was fine, she rolled her eyes.

Well I say youre not, so go to sleep and rest up – as both your big brother and your Captain, Im calling jurisdiction--

You cant do that--

Can too, he responded as he turned off the lights, gnight.~