CHAPTER 2

Darkness.

In the perfect darkness, stood Hiiragi Shinoa.

She looked around the darkness and murmuring in her little head, "... Where on earth is this?"

But, there was no reply.

However, Shinoa was accustomed to the lack of reply. It was because she was alone since she was a child.

No one expected anything of her.

No one took notice of her.

That was how she lived.

She had an excellent sister, no, Mahiru was an intelligent genius. Amongst the Hiiragis, her mighty capabilities are far beyond doubt. Even if there was some talent in Shinoa, they did not pay attention to her.

Thus, Mahiru shouldered the burden alone.

".............."

Beautiful and strong, at first glance, no one knows what she is thinking. That was Shinoa's impression of Hiiragi Mahiru.

And that older sister asks her, "what has happened to you now?"

She grew up by the environment where no one asks for her answer.

Because no one sees and cares about her. Because there isn't a person interested in her.

So she always felt alone in the darkness.

Feelings of alone in a dark fog.

It is the same as today.

There are no accurate memories of coming here.

Bur she certainly remembered her older sister's lover coming into her room.

"............"

Oh, that's right. It was that. He gave her a gift from her sister.

She remembered that time.

Her older sister's lover had a grumpy face. It seems that the world will be destroyed. So, in order to protect Shinoa from it-

Whenever she looked at her right hand, she could see that she was holding onto something like a small stick, though in the darkness she could not see anything.

But when she looked at it properly, the surrounding darkness cleared up.

The scenery will now be dyed white.

The sky, the earth, the horizon, as far as one can see, it is a pure white world.

"...... How extreme"

And she stared at it with half-lidded eyes.

Her feelings did not change much, though it was a situation where one can feel fear.

Everything she does, does not matter very much. Even if she dies here, no one will feel sad.

No, what about her older sister?

".............."

Thinking a little, she came to the conclusion that her sister would not feel sad too, as expected of her.

That strong sister does not seem to care about such a thing. After all, it does not matter whether she lives or not.

A rare voice returned. A response has returned to her question.

"... ... This is in your heart "

She does not know where the voice echoes from. It was a voice that was spoken directly into her head.