One second.

Two seconds.

Three seconds.

Jeno returned the smile. "You're trying way too hard to get on my nerves."

Now that wasn't what Jaemin was hoping for an answer.

"And here I thought for a split second that we could at least be friends again." Jeno continued. "You don't know me Jaemin. You never knew me."

Jaemin was dumbfounded, his mouth sealed.

"So yes. Yes, you can trust me." He gave a sideway smile. "But you better get out of my life after this. Don't act like we are in good terms."

He got out of the car, leaving Jaemin alone.

Idiot.

I'm such an idiot.

What was he thinking?

How could he possibly think that Jeno would listen to him or agree with whatever he was saying?

What kind of a detective am I? Why am I doing everything out of the box?

Of course he won't like having me anywhere near him...

He laughed to himself.

At least he got his answer.

No matter what was going on inside Jeno's head, he still believed that there was no one like him that could read Jeno perfectly.

So yes.

Jeno was out of the list.

Idiot.

I'm such an idiot.

Jeno kept cursing inside his head, following the pink haired detective inside the office.

Why did I feel the need to tell all of that? He doesn't have to know what I do with my life? Now he must be thinking that we are close again.

Why am I going against my own policies just because of him?

He can't have that effect on me anymore.

How dare he question my loyalty with my wife? Who does he think he is?

To hell with everyone. I shouldn't have trusted sir Choi with this.

"Oh, good that you're here."

He snapped back to the reality at someone's call. Turned out it was for Jaemin.

"What is it Sungchan?" Jaemin's deep yet soft voice asked back.

The tall boy walked up to them, doing a small bow at Jeno but quickly ignoring his presence. The boy's face got all excited as his eyes fell upon Jaemin.