The Air We Breathe (BoyxBoy)

Hello everyone! I'm back with the sequel to Don't Hold Back! I hope you like it! Please comment, and vote! Let me know what you guys think!

COPYRIGHT: Yeah even though Marcus is super sexy.....he's MAH babe!!! <3<3 Loves!!!

Marcus

You would think that being friends with a person for 17 years would make your friendship unbendable. Like steal, or iron of the greatest caliber, the foundation of your friendship should be so strong that nothing can break it, not even dent it. I suppose a better comparison would be a bridge. During earthquakes the uplifted roadway sways and staggers, making people think that it will break at any second. Only that’s exactly what a bridge is supposed to do, it’s built to withstand the rickety movement of the earth in turbulence. If the foundation is to stiff then the bridge will crumble. That’s what I’ve always thought about my friendship with Collin, only I’ve never had to fear our friendship stiffening and breaking, collapsing at my feet. Until now.

Being friends since you were born kind of has an effect on your friendship right? I’ve been with Collin for as long as I can remember, from bathing in the tub as babies to shredding the lacrosse field, throughout the majority of my lifetime he was there. Or I was there? 

People say that I’m the most loyal friend in the world to still be hanging around with Collin Sanders. He’s the most wicked, fake, superficial person in the school, he hides behind a seemingly  false mask of happiness, but the truth behind his feelings are always hovering behind is blue eyes it’s just that not everyone knows Collin as well as I, that they can detect it. The wicked thoughts that lay there are invisible to other people, and I’m sure he thinks to me as well…but I see it….I see everything.

Despite what people say, Collin didn’t used to be so…..apathetic….so bizarre. The dirty blonde boy used to be the happiest, most innocent kid I knew. In middle school the other boys used to make fun of him because of his lack of sexual knowledge. Collin would just blush and look at me in embarrassment, his cheeks tinted pink in shame and stay silent as the other boys went off to have their fun. Later we would hang out and he would ask me extremely in depth questions that made it my turn to be embarrassed, his questions were so inappropriate, but he asked them in such an innocent way so of course I would respond. 

Then everything changed.

I remember when school got out in 9th grade; we had made plans to hang out together all summer. We couldn’t stand to be away from each other for longer than a few days, in a way we were like each other’s missing halves. I was an only child  (with the exception of my brand new adopted brother, who was still too quiet to want to talk to me) so I was constantly lonely and the only way to sate that loneliness was to stay with Collin, every moment of every day. This eventually led to my unrequited love for the younger boy, a love that too this day is still hidden.

(Flash back)

Collin and I sit at our desks glancing at each other and back at the clock. Five minutes until the release bell, then we are free for a good two months. Collin glances at the clock at the front of the room his blue eyes that nearly match mine lighting up in excitement. His face contorts into a look of goofy excitement and he turns to smirk at me holding up four fingers and waggling them in the air.

His goofiness unleashes a chuckle from my throat that comes out sounding glitchy. Damn puberty, has to get me now of all times huh? At least my voice is going to get deeper, hopefully I will also grow a couple of inches, maybe gain a few pounds of muscle and loose a few of my baby fat, not that there’s much of it.