What is a Web Server? - How to Connect with a Web Server?

Web servers are the center for any web hosting

Web servers are the center for any web hosting. Without a web server, you can't even dream of pulling your website content online. 

A web server is a program that accepts HTTP to serve files that produce web pages to users in response to their requests, which are sent by their computer HTTP connection. 

For connecting to a web server, the user must require a key generator. You go with a Putty Key Generator for creating Public and Private SSH Keys.  So, without wasting time, we directly dive into the webserver.

What is a Web Server?

A web server is used to store the web content

A web server is used to store the web content. Web server is capable to host multiple websites working on related software and hardware resources, it is called "Virtual Hosting". 

But web server has remarkable constraint speed of response to different types of clients as to prevent a single client from managing sources that are better used to satisfy applications from a expand the number of clients.

How to Connect to Web Server?

Understanding how to connect to your website over SSH authenticating with Public/Private Key pairing is a fabulous skill. Establishing and working on your website over SSH is more reliable as your connection is encrypted. 

If you want to connect to your web server above SSH with the Public/Private Key pairing working Windows free SSH client PuTTY. 

The process is simple. You begin by performing a Public/Private Key pair under your web hosting control panel. Then proceed to your own Windows box. To install and configure PuTTY. Go with the following steps -

Step 1 - Install and Configure PuTTY

1. Download PuTTY from this site and install it on your Windows box. 

2. Once you installed it, you should see PuTTY and its tools displayed in your Windows Start menu. 

a. Launch the PuTTYgen Tool 

b. Go back to your hosting CPanel > SSH/Shell Access 

c. Click Private Key 

3. You will see your SSH Private Key encrypted text displayed in a text box.