Two Worlds Collide. Yu Yu Hakusho/InuYasha Crossover.

I snuggled into the corner as the snow began to fall, my eyes watering. The only warmth was provided by the small, brown poncho I wore, my long, chestnut colored hair cascading over my small body, and my fading pink hat in the shape of a cat's head. Shivering, I tugged the hat down more.

"Are you okay?" I heard him ask. Looking up, I blinked in awe and shook my head. He smiled faintly and held out his hand. "I won't bite," He continued, "I'll help you out." His crimson eyes sparkled in the white of the snow. Glancing between his hand and eyes, I returned his smile and took his hand.

__________

That was about a few years ago. Give or take. When Hiei and I were at the ripe age of five. True, the fire boy had never had many friends, but he had me. And he was my only friend while growing up. He hunted, I cooked. Sometimes we'd go fishing together when it was safe enough to have fun, y'know? Demon World isn't exactly friendly like Yogi Bear's place. Man, did he ever have it easy.

"Hiei!" I shouted, waving my arms frantically. I could see his lips twitch, hiding a smile. He had become very closed up around other people and it bugged me that he wasn't the Hiei I once knew the years before. My hair swayed behind me as I ran at him, my green eyes glittering with excitement.

"Surprise!" A voice shouted. A squeal escaped my lips and a giggle soon followed.

"Yusuke Urameshi, put me down this instant!"I shouted, my hand quickly reaching up to pull my already short shorts down. His hands were careful to stay away from my bum and I was thankful. I gently pounded his back; all I could see were his white T and my hair as it covered my face. Yusuke laughed and finally placed me onto my feet and ruffled my hair.

"Ah, my beautiful little sister." He grinned. Of course, I wasn't really his little sister. It's just so hard not to get along with Yusuke. He and I got close when I helped team Urameshi; now I was a member. And I was older than him, but that didn't matter to him.

I smiled brightly and hugged him tightly. "Big brother! Are you ready for our next mission?" He grinned and nodded. "Of course I am. And the fact that you're going is a plus." He finished with a wink. My cheeks flushed a soft pink and I looked down at my feet, flattening down my grey sweater.

"Hiei, you're going to allow Yusuke to speak like that to your betrothed?"

Hiei sat up, his crimson hues glaring at Kurama. The red-headed fox chuckled and grinned. "Hiei, it's a joke. Isn't that right, Serenity?" He hooked his arm around my waist and I looked up at him, cheeks red.

"Kurama.." I said sternly. He was usually calm, but when it came to Hiei and I, he loved to be playful. He chuckled once more and released me.

"Well," he started, "Koenma's waiting for us."

_____________________________________

Once in Koenma's office, I took my spot beside Hiei. Gently, my hand brushed against his and I could see him grin. Thank goodness Koenma hadn't noticed and he began speaking.

"You all know that you'll be going on the longest, and possibly, most dangerous mission of your spirit detective lives, right?" He looked between us and continued when none of us said anything. "This mission will be... in another time. You must be careful. Things there are different from now. I have assigned you, however, to a group there."

He pressed a button and his screen came down from the ceiling. "There are five of them." He pressed something and five profiles showed up. "Kagome Higurashi. She is a school girl from the present time. She is the reincarnation of a powerful priestess from the Feudal Era. Do not underestimate her. Next, Sango. She is a demon slayer. For a human, she is very strong. Her weapon, the Hirakotsu, is made of demon bones. If you get hit with that well... Ouch. She also has a demon companion. Kilala. A cat that can transform sizes and fly."

He showed a picture of both stages this Kilala could apparantly change into. "Next is the monk, Miroku. You have to look out for him, too. He has a void in his hand that can suck in anything and everything. He's also a ladies man." He looked over at me. "Maybe Serenity will come in handy to make sure the monk doesn't harm you."

I could feel Hiei tense up beside me and I just chuckled, rolling my eyes. "As long as his hands are kept to himself," I replied. Koenma grinned at this and continued.

"Shippou. A small, child. A fox demon. He isn't much of a threat." He looked over at Kurama and smiled, then back at the screen. "Last, but not least, InuYasha. He's a half-breed, but should not be underestimated. Many who have done so are now rotting in the ground."

I blinked and looked over InuYasha's picture. He didn't look too tough.

"He has numerous attacks up his sleeve, but the one thing you want to look out for it his sword, the Tetsusaiga."

We all looked at him and nodded.

"Alright. I wish you all the best of luck. Please, be careful and come back home."

"Wait for me!" A British accent shouted. Botan burst through the doors and panted. "Sorry I'm late, everyone."

"She's going, too?" Yusuke asked curiously. Koenma nodded.

"She's going to be your communicator back here."

"Oh." Yusuke nodded. Koenma pushed a few more buttons and a wall slid open to reveal a door.

"What the..." Kuwabara asked as he looked over at Koenma.

"It's your portal," the toddler answered cheerfully.

We nodded and, with a final glance at the toddler, stepped through the door and into the Feudal Era.

"Whoa!" Kuwabara, Yusuke and I said in awe. Colors of pink, purple, blue and green swirled around us. It was beautiful.

"Look over there!" Botan shouted, pointing to a light that was quickly opening up and swallowed us whole. We all let out a scream as we began to fall from the sky.