chapter 2: at peace

clay's pov:
once i got done drying george's clothes i folded them and placed them on the bed and patiently waited. after about an hour george finally came out the bathroom and came into the room drying his hair with a towel 'hi' i said as he sat next to me 'hi' he said with a smile, i could feel my heart warm up as i saw his smile; it was lovely. 'wanna watch a movie?' i asked seeing he didn't look tired 'i was just thinking to ask that' he said followed by a giggle.
as we searched for movies and shows we couldn't find anything that we genuinely liked 'oh! what about that movie' george pointed out, i looked closely, it was a movie called 'girl, interrupted'. i looked at george's eyes sparkle, it didn't look like the kind of movie i'd sit there and watch; but he looked happy. i wanted him happy, even if it meant i'd do something i dreaded to do. 'yeah let's watch it' i said with a smile.
once the movie was over me and george were already tired and on the verge of passing out. 'that was actually really good, i didn't think i'd like it' i said with a surprised voice 'and that teaches you to always trust george' he said while we laughed 'well, im kinda tired so i think i'm gonna head to bed.' i said with a yawn following 'oh yeah me too..' he said with a awkward voice 'you ok?' i asked 'oh uh yeah! i just...i didn't wanna sleep alone, but it's ok i don't mind!' he said with a fake smile. george was easy to read, like an open book; whenever he made a fake smile you could see his left eye close tighter than the right. 'george you can sleep in here, i really don't mind' i said patting down the bed for him to come 'are you sure?? i can sleep in the guest bed' he said trying to make sure i was ok. 'yes george, i promise. now come and lay down' i said while he playfully rolled his eyes.
as we laid down i turned down the led lights and laid to my side. i always had trouble sleeping and had to take medication; but i didn't want to get up.. about what felt like 10 minutes later a small hand held mine, i felt at peace and turned towards him; he slowly opened his eyes and made his way towards me laying on to my chest 'it's gonna be okay, just close your eyes; and go to sleep.' he said in a light tone. i let out a big sigh and closed my eyes, soon enough i was asleep.

george's pov:
as i told clay goodnight i laid on my back closing my eyes and thinking of the beach, how the water sways and the waves move. it was relaxing. i could feel clay slightly tossing and turning every minute or so; he seemed distressed.. it wasn't my call by i made my way over into holding his hand; he finally turned towards me and i opened my eyes telling him 'it's gonna be okay, just close your eyes; and go to sleep.' he sighed and i went over laying on his chest listening to his heartbeat slow and calm down. he finally went to sleep. once he was asleep i got my phone and took a quick picture, he looked at peace.

587 words