"There's the party after the game today," I suggested, "you could join Draco and I for drinks, Adrian is always somewhere close by."

"That's if we win. Judging by the scoreboard, we're nowhere near."

That prompted me to look up, and unfortunately, she was right. It was 90 Ravenclaw to 20 Slytherin; we were getting destroyed.

"There's still time for Draco to catch the snitch," I offered, digging for any source of solace I could find.

"Not as much time as you'd think. Ravenclaw's got the quaffles as of right now," she pointed to their chasers.

I turned my attention back to Draco who looked rather even with Cho Chang. They were both quick, no doubt, but Draco seemed like he had some killer instinct Cho lacked. It wasn't good, necessarily, because I'd seen before how his arrogance and aggression could get the better of him. It wasn't uncommon for him, or Slytherin in general, to resort to dirty tactics to win a game or two.

My mind floated back to how he had knocked Cedric off his broom a few games back. The only difference was that there, it backfired on him and Hufflepuff won the game. But judging by how Draco looked, and the impatience to win —to prove something— that I knew was bubbling up in him, made my skin crawl with jitters that he might pull something underhanded to steal a victory from Ravenclaw.

"You never know," I looked back at Daphne, "he might surprise us."

"For your sake, I hope he does."

I sighed, knowing he must be getting upset. I could see in the way his figure dashed more aggressively than Cho who had a more elegant and graceful appearance about her agility. Draco was hungrier, more blunt and willing to make moves that could be considered dangerous.

"Damn, Draco could calm down a little. No need to act like a bull in a china shop," she huffed, pointing to how he dashed across the field in upsettingly quick manner.

"He's certainly getting closer to the snitch than Cho, though."

"Eh, seems to be fluctuating back and forth. Don't know how they keep their attention on it for so long."

Unlike the seekers, I found it increasingly difficult to maintain focus on the game. Even though she was enchanted by Adrian, I knew she was getting bored too. I liked watching Draco move about, but not when he used these guerilla maneuvers.

My eyes wandered around the pitch, looking at who was there. No doubt, the only two large crowds were Ravenclaw and Slytherin, but plenty of Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs still came to observe. I once remember Draco saying that they often go to other games to better understand each other's strategies and can plan theirs accordingly.

"Cho Chang makes a daring move for the snitch!" I heard Lee Jordan's voice boom over the speakers, ripping my attention away from the crowd and back to the game. "Close, but not close enough it seems! The Ravenclaw seeker plunges for the ball, but misses by a hair. Draco Malfoy responds, even with Chang, a little too close for comfort!"

Lee was absolutely correct; Draco was too close. They were practically pressed shoulder to shoulder, which was surprising with how Draco managed to get so close after Cho almost caught it. Draco leaned into the broomstick a little more, maybe trying to find some more pace. The snitch zig-zagged around, darting from left to right, up, down and back around. The two seekers almost looked like parallels of each other, mimicking the same movements as they both followed the gold ball so close behind.

Draco looked over at Cho, before making the move to extend his arm out to the snitch. It was a lost cause, as it was simply too far, but his arms were undoubtedly longer than hers. His broom wouldn't have to be closer than hers if he wanted to get it, which she clearly realized as she tried to force some extra speed out of her broom.