•Part 9•

"I didn't even sleep with him?" I shout at them furious, furious at them, furious at Nick and furious at myself for letting my guard down for another stupid boy.

"You were in his bed and he was undressed." Gary says sounding angry.

"Yea but we didn't like sleep together.. like we did but we didn't have sex we just watched a movie and I fell asleep." I protest. They are all a lot older than me- Nick is the youngest counsellor and he is a year old than me all other the others range from 3-7 years older than me.

"Yea sure." Kurt says standing back infront of me again trying to look like a threat.

"Even if I did which I didn't." I say looking round at Cindy who is avoiding eye contact, "why do you all care so much? He's a year older than me it wouldn't have been an issue last year or when we leave camp for summer." I say angrily.

"It's your labels that don't match- counsellor, camper that's like teacher, student it's just weird." Alice says calmly she's always nice to me I'm not sure why though.

At that very convenient moment in time Nick decides to walk in through the big double doors gaining everybody's attention. They all spin round and look at him and I sigh already knowing who it is.

I turn around and he really hasn't helped his case by not even bothering to fix his hair and walking wonky.

"Who's on what duty?" He asks Tommy and Tommy turns round ignoring him.

"What the fuck?" Nick mouths to me and I roll my eyes and nod at the guy who was 'nicks friend' in the cabin earlier. He rolls his eyes and looks really pissed off.

"Anyone gonna explain?" Nick says joining the circle.

"Yea why are you knocking up campers?" Kurt says and pushing him.

"I didn't fucking sleep with her." Nick says calmly trying not to lose his cool.

I can see Nick eyeing up his friend and he looks guilty.

"Yea sure dude that's what she said." Kurt says and takes a step back as Nick gives him a death stare.

"Why would I even want to by the way." Nick says coldly and I stare at him wondering if he intending an insult about me. "I have girls wrapped around my finger at home, I'm not going to take some shittysiders virginity at a summer camp." Nick says and walks out.

I stare after him in shock and tears pool in my eyes.

"Well you were put in your place Berman, for once." Kurt says and walks off.

Cindy finally looks at me sadly as I'm still staring after Nick.

So he didn't like me? Of course I was getting my hopes too high. Oh my god I'm so stupid. I literally hate it I don't know why I ever thought he would like me.

Gary and Joan walk out with Tommy leaving me Cindy and Alice. I look at them and see Alice raising her eyebrows at Cindy. Alice leaves out the door and Cindy looks at me.

"Are you ok?" She asks me quietly but I feel as though she's not looking at me the same way as before- like she believes their accusations.

"no." I say and walk off outside.

As soon as I'm out I start running to the woods just to get away from everyone. I used to find comfort in knowing I had Nick and my sister when I felt like this but apparently not anymore.

I sit down leaning against a tree stump quite far from the opening of the forest and hold my head in my hands. I start to cry and let it all out.

So Nick never even liked me a bit? Or found me pretty or anything. Gosh what a dick. I shouldn't be so surprised or upset I knew it was going to happen sooner rather than later and it's not like he was lying, I am just some girl from shadyside and I know how many girls liked him and how many he could be with if he wanted to. I was probably just a side piece while his girlfriend at home was away.

I cry and cry and rub my tears on my sleeves. When I have thought everything through enough I just sit there staring into the tree opposite.

The air gets colder and some rain begins to drizzle down my face. I stand up and walk to find my way to my cabin. There's no need to run- I like the rain, it's peaceful and it normally cheers me up but today it's just amplified my sadness.

I eventually find my way into an opening and it's starts raining harder and harder. My hair is dripping wet when I walk up to my cabin and open the door. I take off my shoes and grab a large shirt and some shorts to change into as I am soaked.

I get all dry and as the day has been rather eventful so far after another round of tears I fall asleep under my warm sheets.