Chapter 6 - Festival Day

Things get less calm at the end of this chapter! No spoilers tho.. hehe

          Festival Day! The one day of the year that there were hundreds of festivals and celebrations all throughout Inazuma. It was wonderful, the streets were bustling and full of joyous talk and laughter. You, however, were not out in the streets, for once. You were preparing yourself for the speech. The speech at the beginning of the biggest festival of the day was the most important part of Festival Day.  You were sitting at the mirror in your room, doing your hair while one of the servants was getting your kimono ready. Every festival day, instead of your normal attire, you wore a traditional purple kimono and did your hair the way ancient Inazumans did. Baal was waiting for you, so you best hurry. You finished your hair and politely told the servant to leave the kimono on your bed and then leave so you could change. You finished getting ready and left the room, walking to the main hall to meet up with Baal. You flicked your wings back elegantly, entering the room and walking up to Baal. "Hello, Y/N. You look lovely," She smiled at you. "I look the same every time we do this, but thank you," You giggled, smiling back at her. "It is almost time for the speech, let's go to the balcony," She said, beginning to walk towards the steps up to the balcony. You follow her swiftly, stepping up to the balcony directly behind her. You and her overlook the busy streets, waiting for a moment. Then, Baal spoke. "People of Inazuma! The speech has begun!" She called out to the people in a loud voice, looking at the statue. "Welcome to the Narukami Festival, to all those who have not and have come before." She looked down upon the people gathering below the balcony. Her eyes flicked over them, not even looking at them directly. "I will now begin, please stay quiet," She began the speech.

          Baal's speech was almost done, which meant it was your turn next. You turned to look at her, and in that moment, something silver flew at her from the crowd.