- Stiff -

Lightning flashes across the sky as rain pours down on the windows of the dull pizzeria. William Afton, one of the owners of the establishment, was sitting on his chair wearily looking at the amount of papers laying on top of his desk.

William let out a groan of annoyance as he's trying to keep himself awake, both hands gripping tightly on the sides of his hair with his elbows on his desk. 'What time is it..?' He asked himself as let go of his now messy hair and glanced at the clock. He should be home by now, but he still had a few more papers to fill out. Well, It's not like he was hoping to get home. Things strated to go down hill for William once his daughter went "missing". His wife would always get into fights with him from time to time and would always bring up Elizabeth's disappearance whenever she had the opportunity to.

His thoughts were interrupted when a knock came from his door."Come in" The door creaked open as his co-worker and best friend, Henry Emily's head pokes out, smiling at him.

Henry has been William's friend since college, They became friends due to their same interests in robotics and decided to start a business together. Unlike William, Henry had always been kind and caring towards others, Henry also had a wife and two children of his own. It made William feel slightly distraught at the fact that Henry's life was better than his.

William quickly shook out of his thoughts as soon as he felt a hand pat on his shoulder. "William, you look exhausted.. Please go home" Henry said as worry laced his voice. William hadn't even realize he stepped in the room.

"I'm fine Henry, really." He muttered, eyes still focused on the papers, Henry let out an annoyed sigh "You already said that two hours ago" Henry said, clearly irritated by William's stubbornness. "And the answer remains the same, I'm alright." William replied sternly, avoiding eye contact with the cinnamon haired man so he wouldn't see the dark circles around his eyes.

Although, Henry wasn't an idiot. Of course he had already caught on to William's behaviour when talking to him. Either that or it's because of William's poor attempt of covering it up. Other than that, William's form hasn't been the best either, he had gotten thinner and refuses to ask for any help whatsoever. Henry knows that William wasn't really the type to open up but this is getting ridiculous, he's always stressed out and snaps at the smallest things. He's getting worried about him.

William continued to write, brushing off Henry's worried expression. Henry lowered his head in defeat then realized his hand was still on William's shoulder. 'Were his shoulders always this stiff..?' he questioned himself, until an idea formed in his head.

Henry went behind William and put both of his hands on the taller man's shoulders. "Henry what on earth are you doing?" William asked genuinely confused on to what his best friend was up to. Henry didn't respond, then suddenly started massaging William's shoulders. William jolts in surprise at the sudden action "Henry! seriously wh-" "Oh nothing, nothing... Just continue working" Henry said slyly, knowing that William would eventually grow tired and would give in.

The taller male still hadn't quite grasp on what was going on, he suddenly felt his body relaxing slowly. It felt weird and nice at the same time. Henry grinned, he could tell by William's expression that his plan was going perfectly. William finally understood what Henry was doing as soon as he saw the smile forming across his face. He was trying to get him to fall asleep. Of course he was... It's Henry, he'd do anything to help his friend's unhealthy state, even if it means forgetting his own.

William groaned as Henry shifted his hands just below his neck, He began to nod off desperately trying to stay awake. He wanted to stop Henry but he was too weak and tired to. But honestly.. Apart of him didn't want to try and stop him. It's been such a long time since he felt so relaxed... So.. cared for. Not even his own wife made him feel this way, at least not anymore.

A shade of pink tints the brunette's cheeks, feeling slightly embarrassed as he recalled all the times Henry has been such a good and loving friend to him. The least William could have done to repay him was to take care of himself. Yet he couldn't even do that.

William felt a pang of guilt, what has he ever done to Henry? All he did was push him away when he was only trying to help. He's been so awful to Henry and maybe even his family. Always buried in work not even bothering to look up when someone enters the room. Fuck, he's a shitty friend.

Henry was confused when he saw William look upset, 'I didn't think he hated it that much..' He felt guilty. He was going to let go of his shoulders until William leaned back on his chair. "Alright..." The brunette said his face flushed. Henry beams, he was glad he could finally be able to help William.

It's not long before William falls asleep, I mean he had been tired even before Henry came. Henry just stared at William, checking if there's anything else wrong with him aside from not getting enough sleep. His eyes fall on William's waist, it started to cut in a little. Henry frowned 'Damnit William.. Please stop ignoring yourself."

(This is the first fanfic I've ever made so it's shit 💔)