TWELVE

***

The next day Logan sat in her swirly chair thinking about the date that was going to happen tonight. She had just finished writing the case report and was sitting at her desk bored out of her mind while Mark threw paper balls at her.

She looked up from her filled paper work and glared at the man.

"Seriously?" She asked and he gave her a smile and stood up.

"Let's go on a field trip." He said and Logan gave him an unamused look and raised her eyebrow.

"To?" She asked and he gave her a toothy smile and walked over to her desk, drumming on it.

"The firehouse." He said and she rolled her eyes an stood up. She walked passed him and pushed him lightly and nodded.

"Fine, but you're paying for their tacos this time." She said and he nodded and followed her out of their bullpen.

An hour later, Mark and Logan walked in and Mark held two extra large bags of tacos while Logan opened the doors for him. They walked across the apparatus floor and made their way into the kitchen where all the firefighters were hanging around. They all looked at Logan and Mark and their faces lit up.

"Hey! If it isn't out two favorite detectives!" Herrmann yelled looking at the two and Herrmann came up to Logan and placed an arm around her shoulder and leaned in to give her a kiss on the cheek. She smiled at him and spoke.

"Tacos, for everyone." She said and Mark walked to the table and set the bags down looking around. Matt came up to Logan and gave her a welcoming hug and Logan returned the gesture and looked around the kitchen, trying to find Kelly or Jeff.

"Where's Squad?" She asked and Matt looked out the door and spoke looking down at her.

"They took a trip, I'm not sure where though." He said and she gave him a smile and walked to where she saw Shay and a new woman.

"Hey Logan!" Shay said and stood up giving Logan a hug. Logan wrapped her arms around the woman and smiled.

"Hey Les, what's up?" She asked looking back at the woman and Shay spoke.

"Oh, this is Allison Rafferty, the Lesbian hater." She said and Logan gave out a laugh and voices were heard coming into the kitchen and Amy rode with her backpack on, on Capp's back who was telling her terrible jokes. Kelly looked at Logan who stood in the middle of the kitchen and he walked over to her and smiled.

"Hey, I didn't know you were going to come today." He said and Logan gave him a shrug and looked at Mark who was setting out the tacos.

"We finished our case report and he wanted to take a field trip." She said and Kelly gave her a smile bent down to kiss her forehead.

"Stay as long as you need, my office is open for you." He said and she nodded and looked around to try and find Gabby.

"Where's Gabby?" She asked and Jeff walked in as Cruz spoke.

"She's at the academy." He said and she nodded and turned to Jeff. He made eye contact with her a smiled.

"Hey Logan." He said walking up to her and Logan gave him a small smile and spoke.

"Hey Jeff." She said and before she could say anything else Mark yelled for her.

"Logan! I need your help!" He yelled and Logan rolled her eyes and waked to him, throwing her hair into a low bun as she began helping him with the food.

"You've got a date tonight." He said looking at her face and she turned to him and shook her head.

"I do not." She said and he raised an eyebrow and she rolled her eyes.

"Fine. It's kinda a date." She said and he smirked and looked at Jeff and spoke.

"My money's on Clarke." He said and Logan tilted her head and sighed.

"You've been hacking me again, haven't you?" She asked and he rolled his eyes and gave her a smirk.

"Well, you better go kick some ass tonight then. I'll take Amy out for a movie." He said and Logan nodded and went back to making food.

As the day went on it was now nearing seven o'clock and Logan had let her hair fall down naturally behind her back as she wore jeans and a grey knitted sweater. Her gun and badge was set on top of the T.V. stand and she had a cup of water in her hands as a knock came from the door. Her heart dropped as this was the first date she's had in almost two years and she fixed her hair and went to open the door seeing Jeff standing in jeans and a button down shirt and he smiled holding the pizza and beer in his hands.

"Hey, Jeff."She said and Jeff gave her a smile and she moved out of the way, letting him in the room. He bent down and hugged the girl and pulled back looking around the place.

"Wow, this place is great." He said and Logan gave him a smile and she walked to her cabinets and grabbed a couple of plates from the cupboard and placed them in front of him.

After grabbing slices of pizza and beer they sat in the living room and began to speak about their lives.

"How are you liking 51?" She asked and he shrugged and spoke.

"Not bad." He said and Logan nodded taking a swig of her beer.

"I hope they're treating you good. I might have to kick their ass." She said and Jeff let out a laugh and Logan's heart started to beat faster as the sound.

"So, why did you want to become a cop?" He asked and Logan chuckled to herself and looked down at her sock and spoke.

"Normally people say it's because of the feeling they get from helping those who need it, but I it's different for me. It's like I get a high from putting the bad guys away." She said and then laughed to herself at how ridiculous it sounded and Jeff gave her a soft smile and nodded.

"I get it." He said and Logan gave him a small smile and then looked at the clock, seeing that so much time had passed. She looked down at her watch seeing it had just hit one o'clock and Logan turned to Jeff and watched as he stood up from his seat on the couch and he grabbed his plate and made his way to the sink and began washing his plate.

"Oh, Jeff, you don't have to." She said and he shrugged his shoulder and smiled at her.

"It's alright." He said and she nodded and after he was finished she walked him out and smiled at him.

"I had fun." She said looking up at him and he gave her a smile and nodded.

"Me too, thanks for having me." He said and Logan gave him a small smile and Jeff stepped closer to her and placed his hand on her cheek and bent down to kiss her on the cheek. She smiled and watched as he turned to walk away, leaving her there with heated cheeks.