dinner crashers p1

Start from the beginning

"We do. Now we leave."

This dinner means a lot. Naruto prayed that it will go as good as possible. He knew Kurama would ..probably... behave and Iruka wouldn't prey on their personal matters. Yet he wasn't sure about one thing.

Kakashi

The man was a wild card, he was clearly there not for dinner but investigations. They will need to watch their words around him a bit more carefully. Not that they didn't need to watch it in front of Iruka too, but the chunin wouldn't be much of an ass or a snitch about it unlike that copycat.

  "Worried about the hatake brat?" Kurama asked curiously tilting their head to the side.

   "Yeah...we need to watch out for him"

They will have to go through this interrogation with a smile and naruto can't tell what might happen if things don't go as planned.

"Hopefully it won't be too bad.."

________________
________________

They arrived at iruka's apartment with only two minutes left to spare.
"Okay...this is it" naruto balanced the deserts on one hand and used the other to knock.

He hesitated briefly."there is no going back now.."

  He shot a glance at Kurama who smirked slightly giving him a reassuring nod.

Naruto smiled and with a quick breath to compose himself he knocked.

Knock

Knock

Knock

"The door is opened !" A voice called form within and the couple shared a glance before entering.

"Iruka-sensei we're here!!" Naruto called out with the biggest grin and Kurama rolled their eyes fondly.

  'Not so nervous all of the sudden?'

  'I can't feel kakashi-sensei's chakra anywhere in the apartment, thank god he's not here yet, hopefully he'll be a few hours late like usual.'

  Kurama felt around with their chakra. naruto was right, kakashi was nowhere ...IN the apartment. They glanced in the direction of the door with a small hum.

  'Don't get your hopes up

Before naruto could respond, Iruka emerged from the kitchen and both their attention shifted to the man.

  "Ah naruto-kun! Welcome" he grinned and Kurama could feel any lingering stress suddenly evaporate from the blond's aura.

   There was nothing but happiness and fondness in the chunin's aura, just like naruto's.

  Almost like a warm hug, a nice sunshine aura spread through and filled the entire room and the redhead couldn't help how nice and ...fuzzy it felt.
    An honest to god good change from the consent stress the blonde seemed to be under these last few weeks.

  "Oh!" Suddenly the attention was shifted to them and Kurama gave a soft smile of their own. "Hello, you must be umino-san. Glad to finally meet you in person, Naruto has been singing your praises." Kurama bowed slightly and Iruka spoke "hey hey no need for that, please just call me Iruka"

"If you insist, iruka-san"

Naruto stood between he two to introduced his partner. "This is who I was telling you about. Sensei meet Kurama"  he introduced them proudly, like a child showing off a medal and Kurama almost snickered.