epidode 1

*thoughts*
'Whisper'
"Talking"

Y/n pov:
I was going to have a sleep over with Thorfinn. Sitting on the floor of Thorfinn house with a couple of other kids while Leif was telling a story but i wasn't paying attention cause I was making patterns on the fur rug I was sitting on. What caught my attention was Thorfinns dad coming in the house with snow on his shoulder from the blizzard. Over hearing thors' and Helga's conversation, 'what? the kids are still awake?' Said thors 'I wanted them to hear leifs stories' said Helga. My eyes started to get heavy and I start to doze off sitting up with my head on my knees until Leif yelled "THORS! THESE KIDS THINK I'M A FOOL!! BEAT SOME SENSE INTO THEM!!" 'what??' I whisper while looking around. "All right. That's enough for today." They all groaned "ari, send them home." "Yes, thors." Ari replied to thors. "See you later!" Yelled Thorfinn "bye!" Yelled one of the kids.
❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃
Cuddling in Thorfinns bed with his head on my chest I eavesdrop on thors, helga's, and Leif's conversation. Something about people in Greenland freezing and something about having a harder time enduring the cold as they get older. Ylva came in with 2 sheep. "You must be cold, ylva I'll warm you up" said Leif "you pervert" replied ylva. After ylva said something to her mom, she and her mom tied up the two sheep that was brought inside ylva came to our room and crawled into the bed me Thorfinn are in and started to cuddle the both of us. I stayed still when ylva fell asleep and when Thorfinn awoke and started yelling that there wasn't enough room for ylva even when they fell back asleep. Once I was sure I could move without waking them I went to go and play with thors' weapons. I peek around the corner to see if they were there anymore only to be greeted with empty space slowly walking to the storage area looking for a specific box, after finding it I was looking at all the knifes and I found one I liked and that worked the best for me I hide it in the corner of the small room behind a lot of crates and baskets. Once I get back to the living room I put a little bit more wood onto the burning out fire in the middle of the room starting it back up to keep myself warm for there was a blizzard outside and I can't sleep so might as well watch the fire burn, at least it gives me something to do.
❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃
I some how managed to fall asleep while watching the fire. I awoke to Thorfinn shaking me asking me to come back to bed with him, so me not being able to say no.. Went back to sleep in Thorfinns bed with me being the little spoon to Thorfinn. ❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃
Chores are my choice of payment for me staying the night here. why? Because, just because. While thors and ylva were scraping off the snow on the roof until ylva fell claiming that something is under her. Something turned into someone. A slave who was better off dead with a metal chain around his throat and a dirty cloth around his body. I was told to go to Thorfinn and stay with him. Once I found him Leif telling a story. Not paying attention I climbed up the upside down boat and sat next to Thorfinn. Leif was I think talking about Norway or something but he ticked off thorfinn and he took off running saying something about how his neither father nor his ancestors weren't cowards and I went chasing after him.
I caught up to thorfinn way before we made it to his house. "Father, listen to me. Leif said..." Thorfinn said while coming in with me in tow "Welcome back thorfinn" said Helga noticing he came in "who is he?" Asked thorfinn. "He's someone else's slave. He ran away." Said ylva. "He came back to life" said thorfinn shocked. "Hey, you. Can you say your name?" Asked thors who slightly slapped the man's check. 'Im so cold' quietly said the man. "The fire. Ylva. Get the fire going" thors said. "Oh, ok" replys ylva still in shock. After that point I just zoned out again (definitely not the writer wanting to be lazy) flinching when a man came bursting in calling for thors to go down to the harbor because halfdan or something is down there supposedly to start a fight and thors is the only one who can handle it, something about a slave and that they forced their way to shore. Leif is trying to intervene but will probably start a fight. I was told my thors to go hide under thorfinns bed until I get told to come out.
❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃
Halfdan came bursting in with some more men as apologizes for his Intrusion. Helga took thorfinn to her room and ylva came in the house talking to halfdan. I don't know I don't pay attention. :/ all I know is that thors bought the slave who's about to die if not already dead.
❃.✮:▹ ◃:✮.❃
Ylva was crying on the cliff we barrier the dead slave because they spent 8 sheep on a dead slave and calling her father an idiot who just sighed. Helga began to comfort ylva and thorfinn went up to his father asking "did we run away too? Leif told me.. That our ancestors fled here from the east. He said they ran away and came here." "Yes. That's what they say." Thorfinn looked out at the sea the continued "then... Then where does everyone who wants to run away here.. Go?" Thors doesn't respond but instead puts his huge hand on thorfinns head.