Chapter Five - Golden Blood

Start from the beginning

Edric began to pass the two guards from earlier. Once they had passed one of the guards quickly but lightly poked Edric in the back. The spear must have had some enchantment on it because his illusion shattered, revealing his true identity.
The guard who hadn't attacked gasped. "Liar!
You're not a part of the emperors coven!" The guard said.
"Yea' no kiddin' Fred!" The guard who had attacked said.
Hunter and Edric looked at each other for a moment.
"Run." Hunter said, and with that word they were already running down the hall with the guards trailing them.

"Guys! We have a code 103!" A guard yelled, it could be heard echoing through the hallways of the castle. Even in the kitchen.
"So...What's a code 103?" Emira asked as she helped clean the kitchen. She became surprisingly fond of the guard she was helping clean up. Apparently something exploded in the kitchen.
"Uh...I think it was Coven staff is being kidnapped I think. Probably just another drill." They said. Emira giggled. "Mind if I check it out?" Emira asked.
"Go for it, Steve. Just tell me if it's a drill or not when you get back." The guard said.
Emira left and rushed to find her brother and their boyfriend.

"Why are there so many of them!" Edric yelled as he fought off the guards with Hunter by his side. "I know, right? Talk about over-staffed." Hunter replied. Rascal had turned into a staff so he was using that to help fight off the clusters of guards.
Emira turned the corner to try and find her brother and Hunter.
"Emira!" Edric called out with a smile, dropped his guard. A guard from the other side threw his spear as his torso.
Hunter just barely stopped it by grabbing the staff of the spear before it hit.

"Edric! We've got to go, now!" He said, referring to Edric almost being impaled. Hunter tossed the spear away.
"Right!" Edric said.
"The windows in the kitchen are broken, we can get out through there!" Emira said and gestured for them to follow her. Edric was still invested in the fight, so Hunter ended up grabbing his hand and pulling him away.

They made it to the kitchen unharmed, luckily. "Stay back!" The guard who was cleaning the kitchen yelled and held up a kitchen knife.
"London..." Emira said. Emira, in the few minutes she had known the guard, knew her name and that she was fairly sensible.
"Step away from the blond, and put your hands up!" London yelled.
Edric, Emira, and Hunter could hear the thump and cracks of the guards running down the hall.
But a thought dawned on Hunter. They couldn't hurt him because he's the favorite child to Emperor Belos. So if he just stayed by Edric he wouldn't get hurt, right?
Hunter smiled evilly.
"How about you step back, what was it...London?" Hunter said, kind of darkly and stepped towards the guard.
"If you put the knife down and step away then nobody gets hurt, all right?" He said quickly as the thumping heavy metal boots came closer.
London still held their weapon up high.

But in that moment, the guard arrived. They pointed their spears at Emira and Edric.
"Busted..." Emira said in a worried voice.
They began making quick illusions to cause a mist to try and escape.
The mist was dense and Emira and Edric slipped past quickly. But, it snapped away as a spear was thrown at Edric, which caused him to lose focus.
Another spear was thrown, missing by a long shot. And another! Nearly hitting Emira. The guard holding the kitchen knife was paralyzed with fear. Emira rushed to the window and jumped onto her Palisman.
Edric was going to follow, but another spear was thrown.
Everything seemed to go in slow motion.
There was around seven guards, four had thrown their spears leaving three left. Emira was already outside. Three went in, one went out, as far anyone else knew.

"Hunter go! Run!" Edric shouted as they rushed to the broken window for their escape. Another spear went flying and hit the wall beside the window. Two left. Hunter jumped out the window and Rascal turned into a. Staff just in time.
"Edric! Come on!" Hunter called and held out his hand for Edric to grab so he could join him.