"Uh, Austin?"

"Yeah, Mike?"

"Who are Sam and Kyle?"

Oh.

How am I supposed to explain that?! I pondered what to say.

"Well, uh, this might sound a bit weird, but, I don't know myself. They just...appeared."

Mike glanced at me briefly, confused, "What?"

He looked back at the screen, and clicked on Kyle. Kyle immediately started squirming around.

"You can delete miis you know, I think the button's this one.", Mike dragged Kyle over to the delete icon.

"I didn't really bother deleting them.", I answered.

Mike shrugged, deleting Kyle, "Oh well, it's pointless to have them here, so let's just keep the miis to your family and me, sound good?"

"I guess."

Mike proceeded to delete Sam as well, then began to create his mii, naming it his own name like I did.

But, when he saved the mii, Kyle was back.

"Wait, what?" I got up, walking closer to the screen, "Why's Kyle back? Didn't you just delete him?"

"Yeah..?" Mike responded with an uncertain tone.

He clicked on Kyle, and dragged him back to the delete button. But then, Sam reappeared with a worried expression.

"What the-!" Mike dropped the remote in surprise.

If things weren't weird enough, then it got even weirder when a female voice spoke.

"Wait! Stop deleting us, Ky-"

Sam didn't get to finish what she was saying. She stopped abruptly briefly before Mike's mii fell down, an axe in his back.

Slowly, Kyle walked back into the Mii channel, his eyes shadowed.

Sam ran over, grabbing his arms, "Kyle, no!"

I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. I was in shock from what was happening.

Kyle forcefully shook Sam off, leaving her helpless for a few seconds on the floor as he grabbed the axe and chopped Mike's mii in half.

I couldn't force myself to speak as Kyle dragged the upper half of Mike's mii to the delete button, but I quickly snapped out of it and pulled the plug just as Kyle began to drag the lower half of the mii's body.

Once the screen shut off, I loudly sighed in relief.

"What...was that?" Mike whispered in horror.

"I don't know..." I shook my head, forcing myself to think about anything other than what we just experienced.

I took a deep breath as I picked up the console and it's chord, "Mike, I...I think you should go home for today."

Mike nodded, "Yeah, I'll...I'll see you at school tomorrow."

Mike exited my house, locking the door as he left.

My heart pounded as I walked away from the television, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched as I hid away the Wii and it's remotes.

Even though I had turned it off for good, I couldn't shake off the feeling that this wouldn't be the last time I would see Sam and Kyle.

———-

It's been 7 whole years. 7 years since the incident.

I haven't touched that Wii console since. My parents asked me what had happened to it, but when I tried telling them the story, they called my bluff and put it back out.