“Okay.”

After the nurses switched shifts, the high school classmate went to change her clothes. Song Yuan also went with her. The nurses had their own lounge, but they had to take an elevator. The People’s Hospital’s inpatient was almost at capacity, especially with it being the end of the year; there were even beds in the hallways. There were many people waiting for the elevator, and the elevators were also full.

Once the doors opened, Song Yuan followed her classmate in. It was packed with people, but she finally managed to make it in. She looked up and saw a doctor wearing a white coat go out.

Song Yuan stopped abruptly, her heart pounding! That doctor, he, he looked like her brother from her dreams!

Her first reaction was to rush out, but the person in front of her was blocking her way. She was anxious and helpless, not knowing what she should do. Her brain was blank, and all the dreams that had to do with her brother came rushing back like a tide. She stood there dazedly, recalling that Rong Ting said that he had fallen in battle. She heard the wind whistling through her ears, and by the time she returned to her senses, she had already been pulled out of the elevator by her classmate.

“Yuanyuan, what’s wrong?” The classmate finally reacted. Seeing her blank expression, she tugged on her hand. “Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?”

Song Yuan’s eyes were slightly hot, but she managed to press down those emotions. She asked as calmly as she could, “Just now, just now in the elevator, was there a doctor that went out?”

“Was there? There were too many people just now, so I didn’t notice. What’s wrong?”

“That doctor was just on the fourth floor of the inpatient department, he, he…” Song Yuan grew more anxious the more she spoke. She wanted to describe the doctor’s appearance, but the more she wanted to speak, the more she ran out of words. “He’s about 1.8 meters tall, he has single eyelids, his skin’s not very pale, he… he…”

She didn’t know how to describe him!

Seeing her unconsolable state, the classmate led her over to a nearby seat and listened to Song Yuan’s simple description. After thinking about all the doctors in the inpatient department, it suddenly dawned on her. “I know who you’re talking about. It’s Doctor Meng, right? He’s a cardiovascular doctor. What’s wrong? Do you know him?”

Song Yuan nodded, then quickly shook her head. She cautiously asked, “Can you take me to see him? He looks like someone I know, but I’m not sure if it’s him.”

If it were anyone else, the classmate would have thought she was fishing for a big catch5. After all, Dr. Meng was one of the hospital’s hot bachelors; many nurses and even female patients liked him. But if the person speaking was Song Yuan, she didn’t think that was the case. Song Yuan was their school flower6 in high school. As a goddess of that level, why would she need to chase after men…

“En, okay, but Doctor Meng is very busy. He might be making the rounds right now.”

“Not a problem.” Song Yuan bit her lips. She didn’t know what was wrong with her. She just wanted to go see just what exactly was going on.

“Wait for me to change my clothes. I’ll go to the nurse’s desk and talk to my colleagues about something.”

“Okay.”

After the classmate changed her clothes, the two of them took the elevator to the inpatient department’s fourth floor. The classmate took her to the department’s on-duty doctor’s office and pointed to Dr. Meng, who was washing his hands. She whispered, “That’s Doctor Meng. He’s very popular in our hospital. He just came back from studying abroad the year before last. He’s a top student, and the dean likes him very much.”