Chapter 24 - And all dreams came true

Start from the beginning

"This is not a sad day, Jibeom.", she said and put her arms around his neck, softly rocking him back and forth for comfort. "You don't have to say anything because I understand. Just know you mean the same to me." 

"But I want to say something.", Jibeom starts. He leans in closer to her, his heart racing because of the adrenaline. This time it was him who put his lips on her. Jibeom put his arms around her waist and Hwayoung thanked the gods for it because her knees would have given up. 

When they parted, they stayed as close as possible, not wanting to let this moment pass by. Jibeom smiled. "I love you too, my dumbass." 

"If that's your way to ask me to be your girlfriend, then I'm gonna have to decline.", Hwayoung said, acting cold, only causing Jibeom's smile to grow wider. He tilted his head. 

"Then will you, Kang Hwayoung, Queen of stupidity, become my girlfriend?" 

"I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.", Hwayoung replied, her heart racing, when she pulled Jibeom closer. "Of course I will." 

The smile on Jibeom's face was everything Hwayoung ever wished for. Then something came to her mind. "I have some news for you." 

Jibeom raised an eyebrow. "Good or bad?" 

"Let's say you're gonna have to deal with my dumbass a lot more in person now." 

Confused Jibeom looked at her. "What?" 

"Golden Child has a new stylist!" 

As soon as Jibeom understood what this meant for their relationship, he wrapped his arms around Hwayoung, easily lifting her up. He buried his face inside her neck. "This day just gets better and better." 

The ringtone of a phone broke their moment and Jibeom already wanted to decline the call when Hwayoung snatched his phone and answered. "Hi Donghyun." 

"Oh hi Hwa!", Donghyun replied and after he said that about half a dozen boys started shouting her name into the phone, causing her to laugh. "We were just wondering when you and your loverboy are going to show up? Siyeon's already here as well." 

"We were just going to go. Right, Jibeom?", Hwayoung teased and hung up, giving him the phone back. 

"I wanted to spend time with you." 

"This is a night which will go down in Golden Child's history so of course we're gonna celebrate."  

Jibeom grabbed her wrist and put a soft kiss onto her cheek before whispering. "It's gonna be our anniversary date as well, you know?" 

Flustered Hwayoung looked down, a grin on her face. "Let's just go, okay?" 

"Did I make you nervous?", Jibeom asked satisfied with himself. Hwayoung scoffed. 

"You did for the whole holiday and now wipe that smirk of your face or this date will be your date of death as well." 

"You wouldn't dare." 

"Don't test my patience." 

"There you are!", Jaehyun exclaimed happily and pulled both Jibeom and Hwayoung into a hug. All of the boys had changed into comfortable clothing and the tables were already filled with various foods. "We saved you some food." 

"Thanks, Jaehyun.", Hwayoung said and let herself get dragged away by him to the others, who were bombarding her with memories from their very first concert. At the same time Jibeom watched this scene, a small smile on his face. At first he had been quite jealous of some members but now he was glad they all treated Hwayoung like a close friend, a sister one could say. 

"Jibeom?", another voice called out and when he turned around, Siyeon stood there, awkwardly playing with her fingers. 

"What is it?" 

"I just want to tell you that I'm really happy for the both of you.", she started. "I've been her friend for quite some time now but thanks to you I feel like I've grown closer to her even more. Just- protect her, okay?" 

"Is this the moment where you tell me if I hurt her, I'm dead?", Jibeom asked amused, a hint of seriousness in his voice. Instead of Siyeon, another person answered. 

"Yes, of course.", Daeyeol answered and pointed at the rest of the members joking around with Hwayoung. "If anything is going to happen to her, ten people are going to gang up on you. Believe me, you don't want to see Sungyoon mad." 

"I won't ever hurt her.", Jibeom said, completely serious. Then his gaze fell onto Jangjun. "Did you say the same to Jangjun?" 

"Of course I did.", Daeyeol answered, looking over to Siyeon. "You're basically part of our family now." 

"That's incest." 

"It's a metaphor!" 

"It's still incest, then." 

Somehow most of their nights end with one of them being chased. This time it was Daeyeol vs. Jibeom. 

"Let's go home, shall we?", Siyeon said to Hwayoung, who instantly nodded. The boys started to whine. 

"It's not even that late?", Seungmin said. Bomin nodded. 

"You could sleep here, if you'd like." 

Siyeon shook her head. "We're glad to be part of this group but today is your special day and we thought you could celebrate a bit with just the ten of you." 

"But it's dark outside.", Jangjun argues worried. 

"Siyeon's apartment isn't that far away and we'll text you once we get there, okay?", Hwayoung said and extended her finger. Jangjun locks it with his'. 

"Promise." 

"Then have a good night.", she yelled through the room and was about to turn to the door when Jibeom pulled her back. He quickly put a kiss onto her forehead, which caused the others to either break out in cheers or groans. 

"Cheesy." 

"Cute."

"I ship it."

Embarrassed Jibeom looked down at Hwayoung. "Get home safe." 

"Don't worry." 

Together the two best friends were walking down the street, arm in arm, admiring the city at night. It was silent between them as they both were deep in thought. 

It didn't seem real at all. Especially the fact Hwayoung's graduation was just two months ago. So many things had changed since then, thankfully for the better. Hwayoung looked over to Siyeon. 

"Thank you." 

Confused Siyeon snapped out of her thoughts. "For what?" 

"For the surprise.", Hwayoung replied. "If it weren't for you, we would've never met them." 

"Well, our lives would definitely be quieter then. But, I know what you mean. To be honest I planned it because I was scared."

"Scared of what?" 

"I was afraid of our friendship breaking. I remember how limited time I had after graduating and I hoped through the holiday, our friendship would get stronger." 

"Oh, Siyeon.", Hwayoung said and pulled her best friend into a hug. "You will never lose me. This is one thing I can promise 100%. I will never stop loving you." 

When the two women reached Siyeon's apartment they immediately texted the boys who replied in an instant. The girls didn't look at their phones though, both way too tired. They didn't even bother to change and when Hwayoung snuggled closer to Siyeon, both were already asleep, smiles on their faces.