"Okay." I said, accepting her apology and giving her small smile.

"So, are we good?" She asked, tilting her head adorably. Adorably? Why did I just describe it like that?

"Yeah, we're good. Next time, just let me know your busy so I won't think you're avoiding me." She nodded, her curls bouncing with the motion.

"I will, I promise. We'll talk later?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I'll call you after I shower. Bye." She muttered a 'bye' in response and I left the gym, my mood improving.

My hair was still damp from the shower when I called Lani. She picked up on the third ring.
"Hi." She answered, sounding out of breath.

"What, were you running, just now?" I chuckled.

"My roommate has people over so I went a better room where there was no noise. What's up?"

"Nothing, I just got out the shower. I'm off tonight, and I was wondering if you like basketball." I scratched my eyebrow waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, I do. Why?" She questioned.

"Cause, I have 2 tickets to see the Lakers and I don't want to waste the other one." I was supposed to go with Hazel but obviously I can't now.

"Sure!" She squeaked. "I mean, sure, that sounds good." She cleared her throat. I laughed at her excitement.

"Alright, it's at 9:30 so I was thinking I'd pick you up at 7:00. Traffic can be pretty heavy during games and I wanna get there early." I explained.

"Okay, I'll text you my address." I also had one more thing to say.

"Oh, and Lani?"

"Yeah?"

"I would never ditch you like that. Back at you restaurant, you thought I left you at the table. I'm not like that, you know. I ran into my therapist in the restroom and we had a little talk." I said.

"Oh. I thought you did and when you didn't come back I was beginning to get anxious. I'm glad it wasn't like that. I don't have the best experience when it comes to people. So my brain automatically jumped to worst." I nodded, even though she couldn't see me.

"I understand. People can be pretty messed up. Just know that you don't have worry about that with me. Just ask my friends." I laughed slightly.

"I believe you, you're nice. And we can relate each other. Plus you're taking me to see to my favorite basketball team, so." We both shared a laugh.

"Alright, so I'll pick you up at 7, okay?"

"At 7." She repeated.

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up and fell back on my bed. I needed to talk to Cam. She always gave me advice when I needed it. Unlocking my phone again, I dialed her number.

She picked up on the second ring. "Hey Jess, what's up? You okay?"

"Yeah I just wanted to talk real quick."

"Yeah, sure. Shoot."

"Alright so you know the blonde I brought over at the club? Yeah that's my therapist. I...have a crush on her. Then I met another girl at the gym. She works there. And I like talking to her. She's super shy at times and it's pretty cute. I'm also taking her to see the Lakers." I finished. 

"Woah, that's...a lot. First, I don't think you should pursue a relationship with your therapist. She could lose her job. Also, is this thing with the girl at gym a date?"