Recovery begins

Lucius returned from the Ministry late, and quickly walked up to check on Narcissa. She was reading a book as he entered the chamber. "Hello, darling," he murmured, kissing her on the lips and lingering there for several moments. She smiled up at him, cupping his cheek and returning the kiss. "How're you feeling?" he asked, placing a few items down on his dresser.

"Alright, I suppose," Narcissa sighed, putting the book down on the nightstand, and watching her husband. "Still finding it difficult to walk."

"Did you at least get some rest?" Lucius asked, walking back toward her.

"I did," Narcissa nodded, wrapping an arm around his neck as he slowly lifted her to her feet. She fought off a gasp of pain as she slowly started walking a few steps. "Wish you would just carry me," she grumbled as crossed the room.

"I carried you the first three nights you were home," Lucius replied firmly, stopping as she doubled over slightly. "The doctor wants you to get used to walking, and I am determined to get you there as fast as possible; or, at least at your pace."

"Torturer," Narcissa grumbled, as she took another step forward. "Sometimes I wonder if you enjoy my pain."

"Only when I'm causing it in bed," Lucius smirked a bit, and she shot him a glower; however, he knew that it didn't carry much weight as they reached the loo. He waved his wand and started the tub, and then finally picked her up. "Now, I'll carry you."

"You're not getting a kiss."

"I'll get one later." He tapped his wand to her body, and her clothing disappeared as he gently placed her into the water, caressing her cheek briefly. Narcissa continued glowering for several moments, until Lucius joined her in the tub. The water was nice and hot, and immediately eased the ache in her side. Lucius placed several kisses on her neck and shoulders, causing her to relax. She shook her head irritably, but a small sigh escaped her lips and she felt his smile broaden, making her more irritated with him. He then traced his fingers down her spine, causing a shiver. "I'm getting closer to that kiss," he whispered.

"No, you're not," Narcissa replied, though she leaned back against him as he began washing her. His expert hands ever so lightly touched her incision and moved on. "Why were you so late at the Ministry?"

"Haggling a particular bribe," Lucius replied, continuing to wash her body. "Or rather, donation. Trying to pass laws that protect muggles more from us, the likes of that."

"Nothing you want me to worry about?" Narcissa asked, smiling up at him.

"Precisely," he whispered, leaning close to her neck again. "You need to worry about getting better."

"Is it because you truly care about my well-being?" she asked, taking the washcloth from his grasp as she slowly began washing him. "Or because you want to get back to our nightly activities faster?"

"Why can't it be both?"

Narcissa chuckled, reaching up to wash his shoulder. "It can be, however, I do recall you being rather miserable that we weren't able to make love for over two months after Draco was born. And even afterward, it was a bit difficult for me."

"As I recall," Lucius said, gently, tilting her head back a bit by a gentle pull of her hair. "I was very understanding of that."

"Of course, darling," she replied, smiling up at him. He smiled back, releasing her a moment later. "You are still the strangest man I know."

"Love makes me do strange things," Lucius agreed, pulling her back against him. She smiled as she looked up at him, caressing his cheek. They remained that way for several moments, caressing each other. "Do you remember sneaking into the prefect's bathroom for moment's like this?"